SEO Content Manager Job Description
Here’s the SEO Content Manager Job Description Template we used to scale a content team to 45 writers and editors. Learn how we grew a startup backed by A16 from 0 to 1,000,000 / organics per month.
SEO Content Manager Job Description Template
We are looking for an SEO Content Manager who will be in charge of creating content and SEO strategies with a focus on content creation and distribution through digital PR, influencer marketing, and other paid media. Our content team of talented individuals making sure to produce the best articles can’t wait to meet you.
This role will require you to develop new and innovative SEO strategies and drive SEO analysis and planning. You will also need to partner with cross-functional teams to execute best practices and new initiatives, and provide customer growth across the entire business.
One of your main responsibilities will also be to perform keyword research and mapping. Having experience in working as an SEO Content Manager is a requirement.
Your job would be to provide the strategies required to find visitors who need a specific service by considering all aspects of a search. You will be in charge of targeting the right content and attracting the target audience.
- Developing and executing successful SEO content strategies
- Organizing and planning campaigns
- Communicate SEO performance and initiative status to stakeholders in business reviews
- Selecting, managing, developing, and motivating agencies and other business partners
- Creating, implementing, and own overarching U.S. SEO marketing strategies and tactics
- Negotiating backlinks
- Staying ahead of the trends, strategies and tactics within SEO and digital marketing (AMP, algorithm changes, etc.)
- Optimizing copy and landing pages for SEO opportunity
- Monitoring websites and user analysis
- Managing general digital marketing projects
- Performing and managing ongoing keyword discovery, expansion, and optimization
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business, Marketing, or Finance
- 2+ years of experience in SEO content creation (articles, product pages, blog posts, etc.)
- Business and marketing training
- Background in journalism or digital content is a plus
- Strong analytical ability and attention to detail and high quality output
- Project management experience
- Ability to work independently
- Analytical and data-driven work style
- Ability to respond positively to peer and customer feedback
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely (verbally and in writing)
Salary Ranges for SEO Content Managers
Salaries of SEO Content Managers will differ based on several factors, such as candidate’s location, work experience, type of content, and employment relationship.
Consult the table below to see the differences in how much SEO Content Managers earn in different U.S. cities, according to Glassdoor:
City Entry-Level Median Top 10%
San Francisco, CA $70,000 $107,020 $164,000
New York, NY $53,000 $93,000 $163,000
Seattle, WA $50,000 $79,000 $125,000
Dallas, TX $44,000 $82,000 $152,000
Los Angeles, CA $48,000 $79,000 $130,000
Portland, OR / / /
Austin, TX $48,000 $78,000 $129,000
Atlanta, GA $58,000 $88,000 $136,000
Nashville, TN $45,000 $72,000 $119,000
Tampa Bay, FL / / /
Creating a Specific SEO Content Manager Job Ad Is Paramount
When writing a job description, it is extremely important to be as specific as possible. You need to tailor the ad to the exact position you are hiring for. Don’t hesitate on stating the required experience, education info, or a specific set of skills an SEO Content Manager will need in your company.
Going into details on what will be expected from the employee as well as listing your company’s beliefs and goals will steer the qualified applicants toward you. If you induce the compensation and benefits info, you can expect an even better response to the ad.
There are some jobs that may sound similar to SEO Content Manager but have different descriptions, such as:
- Digital Content Manager—A Digital Content Manager’s job is to manage the content team, create schedules that ensure a consistent workflow, keep process docs aligned with the results received from audience behavior analysis
Similar Roles to SEO Content Manager
Is an SEO Content Manager not quite the role you need? Take a look at the table below to see other job description templates:
- Social Media Content Manager
- Project Manager for Content
- Digital Asset Content Manager
- Content Management Specialist
- Content Operations Manager
- Senior Content Marketing Manager
- Product marketing manager
- Editorial Project Manager
- SEO Copywriter
- SEO Content Specialist
Get More Content Manager Job Descriptions Inspiration
If you want to sail through the recruiting process, you should look for job ad inspirations from other brands. Seeing how companies manage to sell themselves to future employees will help you do the same.
Here are some job description examples worth a look.
Hire Qualified SEO Content Manager Faster
Workello helps content teams hire better writers more consistently.
- Sign up for Workello
- Confirm your pre-optimized job description, writing assessment, and candidate notifications
- Distribute your Workello job ad across your favorite hiring channels
- Watch candidates stream into your Workello dashboard
- Send pre-hire assessments to promising candidates in one-click
Sign up now and send 5 automated writing tests to Senior Writer candidates for free.
Want More Content About Creating Content?
Our team has built and led a forty five person content team. Learn what we’ve learned.