Content Marketing Intern Job Description
Get the Content Marketing Intern Job Description Template we used to scale a content team to 45 writers and editors. Learn how Workello helps content teams hire higher quality, more affordable writers with less effort.
- Salary Ranges for Content Marketing Interns
- Learn How To Create a Job Ad for the Content Marketing Intern You Need
- Similar Roles to Content Marketing Intern
- Get More Content Marketing Intern Job Descriptions Inspiration
- Hiring Better, More Affordable Content Marketing Interns
- Want More Content About Creating Content?
Content Marketing Intern Job Description Template
We are searching for a Content Marketing Intern who wants to start a career in content marketing. During the internship, you will have a chance to participate in the research and development of content ideas and spread awareness of our products/services to our target audiences. Your primary duties will include brainstorming and researching possible content topics, writing longer and shorter forms as needed, assisting in managing our social media, and also learning how to track the progress of our campaigns, make reports, and present relevant data.
- Research and suggest new content topics
- Write and edit longer forms, such as blog posts, press releases, etc.
- Post new content on our Facebook/Instagram/LinkedIn account and add creative and engaging captions for our social media posts
- Collaborate with our design team on creating effective and engaging graphics for our website and/or social media
- Manage our database of external content collaborators/contributors
- Work with other team members on our weekly/bi-weekly/monthly newsletter
- Assist in distributing marketing materials and organizing our virtual events
- Collect campaign performance data from ongoing marketing campaigns
- Create reports and presentations using campaign performance metrics
- Brainstorm ideas for the improvement of our content marketing efforts and strategies
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Experience with using Canva/WordPress/Hootsuite/Mailchimp
- Outstanding ability to multitask, play well with others, produce quality work, and meet deadlines
- Thorough understanding of social media and basic marketing concepts and principles
- Basic understanding of SEO and social analytics
- [XYZ years] of experience with content creation
- Degree in English, Marketing, Advertising, Public Relations, Communications, or another related field
Salary Ranges for Content Marketing Interns
Content Marketing Interns’ salaries vary widely depending on several factors like location, industry, company’s budget, etc. Here’s how the average annual salary of a Content Marketing Intern varies across major cities in the States, according to Glassdoor:
City Entry-Level Top 10%
San Francisco, CA $63,000 $188,000
New York, NY $58,000 $192,000
Seattle, WA $54,000 $139,000
Dallas, TX $50,000 $170,000
Los Angeles, CA $46,000 $158,000
Austin, TX $47,000 $133,000
Atlanta, GA $61,000 $153,000
Nashville, TN $44,000 $123,000
Learn How To Create a Job Ad for the Content Marketing Intern You Need
Before you start writing your Content Marketing Intern job ad from scratch or adjusting our template, you should think about the specific needs of your content marketing team. When you identify what the company requires, the most important part of writing a job description is being detailed yet to the point.
The candidates should get a crystal clear picture of each responsibility and requirement that the position you’re hiring for entails. Explaining all the duties and tasks that the successful candidate can expect once they join your company will leave no room for confusion or misunderstandings later on and will attract better, more suitable applicants.
If the role of a Content Marketing Intern doesn’t precisely fit what you’re looking for, here are a couple of similar positions you should check out:
- Content Specialist Intern—Conducts research on consumer trends, analyzes and develops various content strategies, presents new ideas on how to draw in a new audience, and creates engaging content
- Digital Content Intern—Creates digital content (not only written pieces but also audio and video materials) for different digital platforms and assists in the execution of various content marketing campaigns
Similar Roles to Content Marketing Intern
We provide you with additional job description templates that you can use to hire qualified candidates faster. If you want to hire for other roles similar to Content Marketing Intern, consult the table below to find the appropriate job description template to use:
- Editorial Intern
- Marketing Intern
- Technical Writer Intern
- Marketing Communications Intern
- Content Marketing Intern
- Social Media Marketing Intern
- Digital Content Intern
- Fashion Marketing Intern
- Copywriter Intern
- Content Specialist Intern
Get More Content Marketing Intern Job Descriptions Inspiration
Can’t decide how to phrase the specifics and customize our Content Marketing Intern job description template for your needs? You can take a look at a few job description examples of how some other companies sell themselves when recruiting for similar roles on the following job boards:
Hiring Better, More Affordable Content Marketing Interns
Workello helps content teams hire better writers more consistently.
- Sign up for Workello
- Confirm your pre-optimized job description, writing assessment, and candidate notifications
- Distribute your Workello job ad across your favorite hiring channels
- Watch candidates stream into your Workello dashboard
- Send pre-hire assessments to promising candidates in one-click
Sign up now and send 5 automated writing tests to Senior Writer candidates for free.
Want More Content About Creating Content?
Our team has built and led a forty five person content team. Learn what we’ve learned.