Digital Content Intern Job Description
Here’s the Digital Content Intern job description template we used to scale a content team to 45 writers and editors. Learn how we grew a startup backed by A16 from 0 to 1,000,000 / organics per month.
- Salary Ranges for Digital Content Interns
- The Best Candidates Apply to Highly Specific, Customized Job Ads
- Similar Roles To Digital Content Intern
- Get More Digital Content Intern Job Descriptions Inspiration
- Hire Qualified Digital Content Interns Faster
- Want More Content About Creating Content?
Digital Content Intern Job Description Template
Looking to kickstart your career in Digital Content? Struggle to meet experience requirements for most positions? Look no further!
We are seeking a Digital Content Intern to join our growing Digital Content team. This is a temporary role—the best candidate will receive an offer for a junior position by the end of the internship.
You will primarily focus on creating content under the mentorship of Senior Writers. The content includes blog articles, social media posts, and email templates.
This position entails assisting our Digital Content Managers in content distribution across various channels. You will also assist them in creating performance reports and compile them independently when you acquire the know-how.
We’re looking for someone willing to learn and proactively seek ways to improve. We expect you to be a self-starter and observe how senior members of our company work and produce content.
- Research and write SEO-friendly blog articles about various topics
- Write social media post captions and email templates
- Review Editors’ feedback and implement suggestions from Senior Writers
- Assist Digital Content Managers in content distribution and performance reports
- Develop independence in your work during the internship period
- A Bachelor’s degree in English, Marketing, Communication, or a related field is a plus
- Great writing skills—portfolio isn’t necessary
- Excellent communication skills
- Basic knowledge of SEO and Digital Marketing
- Willingness to learn and improve
- Openness to constructive criticism
- Attention to detail
- Ambition to pursue a career in Digital Content
Salary Ranges for Digital Content Interns
Salaries for Digital Content Interns can vary based on their level of education, skill set, and location. Check out the table below for average annual salaries in various cities in the U.S., according to Glassdoor:
|San Francisco, CA||$48,000||$72,000||$109,000|
|New York, NY||$41,000||$67,000||$110,000|
|Los Angeles, CA||$40,000||$62,000||$95,000|
|Tampa Bay, FL||$31,000||$51,000||$84,000|
The Best Candidates Apply to Highly Specific, Customized Job Ads
Every job ad posted online will attract dozens of unqualified candidates—this is especially true for intern positions. While you can do nothing to avoid them completely, you can reduce their number significantly if you write your job description the right way.
To do that, you need to be super-specific about the role you’re offering. Mention all responsibilities that the role entails, as well as all criteria candidates must meet for you to consider them.
Going into detail will deter many underqualified applicants, and top-performing ones will know exactly what to expect from the job you’re offering.
Similar Roles To Digital Content Intern
If this role doesn’t fit your company’s needs entirely, you can use a job description for some other position similar to Digital Content Intern:
- Editorial Intern
- Content Marketing Intern
- Copywriter Intern
- Technical Writer Intern
- Content Specialist Intern
- Marketing Specialist
- Social Media Marketing Intern
- Marketing Communications Intern
- Digital Content Writer
- Digital Content Specialist
Want to fill more positions on your Content and Marketing teams? We have a job description template for every role!
Get More Digital Content Intern Job Descriptions Inspiration
Taking a look at other job posts can help you with customizing your job description so that it better sells your company to potential employees.
The following job boards contain many job description examples you can use for inspiration:
Hire Qualified Digital Content Interns Faster
Workello helps content teams hire better writers more consistently.
- Sign up for Workello
- Confirm your pre-optimized job description, writing assessment, and candidate notifications
- Distribute your Workello job ad across your favorite hiring channels
- Watch candidates stream into your Workello dashboard
- Send pre-hire assessments to promising candidates in one-click
Sign up now and send 5 automated writing tests to Senior Writer candidates for free.
Want More Content About Creating Content?
Our team has built and led a forty five person content team. Learn what we’ve learned.