Content Specialist Intern Job Description
Use the Content Specialist Intern job description template we built to scale a content team to 45 writers and editors. Building a content team? Join the largest Content Ops community (3,000+ members) on the internet.
- Salary Ranges for Content Specialist Interns
- Tailoring Your Content Specialist Intern Job Ad According to Your Company’s Needs
- Similar Roles to Content Specialist Intern
- Get More Content Specialist Intern Job Description Inspiration
- Hiring Better, More Affordable Content Specialist Interns
- Want More Content About Creating Content?
Content Specialist Intern Job Description Template
We are searching for a creative Content Specialist Intern who will help us create engaging content for our website and social media platforms. As a Content Specialist Intern at our company, you will assist other Content Specialists in researching consumer trends and trending topics to ensure our content is engaging. You will also help our team develop content strategies and generate analytics reports. Assisting our Editors and Content Writers in developing content that aligns with our company’s style guidelines and resonates with our audience will be one of your primary obligations.
An ideal candidate for this position is experienced in content writing and has a Bachelor’s degree in Literature, Journalism, Marketing, or a relevant field.
- Assist in researching consumer trends, writing content for blogs, websites, and social media platforms, and managing content production to ensure all deadlines are met
- Participate in defining content goals with our marketing team
- Assist in creating content strategies that help reach our target audience and marketing goals
- Get to know the company’s style and language guidelines and help the team ensure each content piece aligns with them
- Partake translating data into reports
- Bachelor’s degree in Literature, Journalism, Marketing, or a relevant field
- [X] years of experience in content writing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to solve problems quickly, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines
- Intermediate knowledge of SEO
Salary Ranges for Content Specialist Interns
Salaries for Content Specialist Interns vary depending on various factors, including the Intern’s skills and education. Here’s how the average annual salary of a Content Specialist Intern varies across the U.S., according to Glassdoor:
City Content Specialist Intern Average Annual Salary
San Francisco, CA $61,000
New York, NY $55,000
Seattle, WA $45,000
Dallas, TX $45,000
Los Angeles, CA $59,000
Portland, OR $64,000
Austin, TX $39,000
Atlanta, GA $51,000
Nashville, TN $47,000
Tampa Bay, FL $49,000
Tailoring Your Content Specialist Intern Job Ad According to Your Company’s Needs
If you want to avoid going through dozens of weak resumes from underqualified candidates, it’s important to be specific and clear when writing your job description. Specifying the experience and skills an ideal candidate should have, as well as the type of tasks they will have to execute, will help you attract qualified applicants only.
Is a Content Specialist Intern not the exact role you’re looking for? Here are a couple of similar ones that might be a better fit:
- Content Marketing Intern—Assists in the research, development, and curation of content ideas and analyzes competitor data
- Social Media Marketing Intern—Updates clients’ social media accounts, creates social media calendars, and analyzes performance analytics
Similar Roles to Content Specialist Intern
We provide you with additional job description templates you can check out in case you decide a Content Specialist Intern isn’t the position you’re looking to recruit. Consult the table below to find the particular job description template you need:
- Marketing and Communications Writer
- Content Marketing Associate
- Content Marketing Specialist
- Social Media Marketing Intern
- Content Marketing Manager
- Senior Content Marketing Manager
- Copywriter Intern
- Marketing Communications Intern
- Technical Writer Intern
- Content Specialist
Get More Content Specialist Intern Job Description Inspiration
Writing a compelling job ad can be difficult, but you don’t have to waste hours trying to figure out how to perfect yours! Use the job description examples on the following platforms as guidance:
Hiring Better, More Affordable Content Specialist Interns
Workello helps content teams hire better writers more consistently.
- Sign up for Workello
- Confirm your pre-optimized job description, writing assessment, and candidate notifications
- Distribute your Workello job ad across your favorite hiring channels
- Watch candidates stream into your Workello dashboard
- Send pre-hire assessments to promising candidates in one-click
Sign up now and send 5 automated writing tests to Senior Writer candidates for free.
Want More Content About Creating Content?
Our team has built and led a forty five person content team. Learn what we’ve learned.