Senior Proposal Writer Job Description
Here’s the Senior Proposal Writer job description template we used to scale a content team to 45 writers and editors. Learn how we grew a startup backed by A16 from 0 to 1,000,000 / organics per month.
- Salary Ranges for Senior Proposal Writers
- Customize Your Job Description To Attract the Type of Senior Proposal Writer You Need
- Similar Roles to Senior Proposal Writer
- Get More Senior Proposal Writer Job Description Inspiration
- Hire Senior Proposal Writers the Right Way
- Want More Content About Creating Content?
Senior Proposal Writer Job Description Template
We are looking for an experienced Senior Proposal Writer to plan, write, and deliver proposals to our potential clients. You will be in charge of developing and updating proposal content with the goal of tailoring it to the client while having our company’s best interests in mind.
To be successful in this role, you need to be able to convert technical concepts to easy-to-understand content while adhering to industry and corporate proposal-writing standards. The ideal candidate is expected to have at least 7 years of experience in Proposal Writing and a Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Communications, Marketing, or a related field.
- Writing compliant, persuasive, and articulate proposal text
- Researching and acquiring relevant industry statistics and data to ensure that everything is up to date
- Adhering to industry and corporate proposal-writing standards
- Converting technical and other complex concepts to easily digestible content
- Collaborating with Graphic Designers to develop and implement engaging graphics
- Reviewing and editing proposals for accuracy and consistency
- Meeting proposal deadlines by establishing priorities
- Providing more junior colleagues with expert guidance
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Communications, Marketing, or a related field
- Minimum 7 years of experience
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- High proficiency in the English language
- Strong research, editing, and proofreading skills
- Knowledge of the best proposal-writing practices in the industry and the ability to implement them
Salary Ranges for Senior Proposal Writers
Salaries for Senior Proposal Writers vary depending on a number of different factors, such as expertise, education level, and location. Here’s how the annual salary of a Senior Proposal Writer varies across the United States, according to Glassdoor:
|San Francisco, CA||$66,000||$91,000||$125,000|
|New York, NY||$68,000||$94,000||$128,000|
|Los Angeles, CA||$50,000||$72,000||$104,000|
|Tampa Bay, FL||$43,000||$64,000||$94,000|
Customize Your Job Description To Attract the Type of Senior Proposal Writer You Need
Customizing your job description can help attract the right person for the job and discourage unqualified candidates from applying. A good job description should cover all the information of interest to the prospective employee, including the payment terms, working conditions, and benefits. If your job ad isn’t specific enough, you will end up with a huge pool of underqualified candidates.
To avoid this, your main goal should be to present a clear picture of what you need in an employee. Specifying a particular skill set you need your Senior Proposal Writer to have will deter the majority of unfit applicants from submitting their resumes.
Similar Roles to Senior Proposal Writer
Check out our job description templates for roles similar to a Senior Proposal Writer:
- Proposal Writer Job Description
- Senior Writer Job Description
- Legal Writer Job Description
- Writer Job Description
- Content Writer Job Description
- Business Writer Job Description
Get More Senior Proposal Writer Job Description Inspiration
The best job ads set clear expectations from the get-go. If you want to write a clear-cut Senior Proposal Writer job description, check out the following job description examples on top job boards to get an idea of what yours should look like:
Hire Senior Proposal Writers the Right Way
Workello helps content teams hire better writers more consistently.
- Sign up for Workello
- Confirm your pre-optimized job description, writing assessment, and candidate notifications
- Distribute your Workello job ad across your favorite hiring channels
- Watch candidates stream into your Workello dashboard
- Send pre-hire assessments to promising candidates in one-click
Sign up now and send 5 automated writing tests to Senior Writer candidates for free.
Want More Content About Creating Content?
Our team has built and led a forty five person content team. Learn what we’ve learned.