- Salary Ranges for Conversion Copywriters
- Creating Your Job Ad Based on the Type of Conversion Copywriter You’re After
- Similar Roles to a Conversion Copywriter
- Get More Conversion Copywriter Job Description Inspiration
- Hire Conversion Copywriters the Right Way
- Want More Content About Creating Content?
Conversion Copywriter Job Description Template
We are looking for a Conversion Copywriter to write ad copy that will increase the number of conversions on all channels we use. You will be in charge of writing product and service descriptions, guarantees, FAQs, and testimonials in collaboration with fellow Copywriters and Product Owners. Besides writing, we will need you to monitor conversion rates, research industry trends, and pinpoint areas of improvement in our advertising approaches.
Our ideal candidate is tech-savvy and highly fluent in written English and has a proven record of writing copy that increases conversion rates. A Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or a related field is a must.
- Writing persuasive and engaging copy that drives conversions
- Implementing the best SEO practices to optimize ad copy and boost visibility
- Conducting continual customer and market research to get a deeper understanding of our target audience’s pain points
- Collaborating with the Marketing team to improve conversion rates at each stage of the marketing funnel
- Monitoring conversion rates and creating monthly reports
- Performing A/B testing to determine which variation drives the largest number of conversions
- Researching industry trends and looking for areas of improvement
- Making suggestions for improving the quality and effectiveness of existing copy
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or a related field
- 3 years of experience working as a Conversion Copywriter
- High proficiency in the English language
- Superb copywriting and research skills
- A proven record of writing copy that increases conversion rates
- Ability to simplify complicated concepts for different audiences
- Knowledge of Digital Marketing and SEO
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and teamwork skills
Salary Ranges for Conversion Copywriters
A Conversion Copywriter’s salary in the United States depends on a variety of factors, including state of residence, education level, and experience. The table below, courtesy of Glassdoor, shows how Copywriter salaries vary in ten major U.S. cities. Note that the salary of a Conversion Copywriter is similar to the one of a regular Copywriter.
|San Francisco, CA||$45,000||$74,000||$120,000|
|New York, NY||$47,000||$70,000||$105,000|
|Los Angeles, CA||$40,000||$64,000||$103,000|
|Tampa Bay, FL||$37,000||$53,000||$75,000|
Creating Your Job Ad Based on the Type of Conversion Copywriter You’re After
While writing a job description may not seem difficult, it can be challenging to come up with the right wording that will attract the type of candidate you’re looking for. Here are a couple of tips for creating what will be one of your most effective job ads yet:
- Distinguish yourself from the competition—Is there anything your company brings to the table that most others don’t? Make sure you mention that in the job description to attract as many talented candidates as possible
- Be super-specific about the skills required—The more specific your job description is about the competence your company requires, the less time you’ll spend weeding out poor applications
Similar Roles to a Conversion Copywriter
Check out our job description templates for roles similar to a Conversion Copywriter:
- Content Manager Copywriter
- Copywriter Intern
- Medical Copywriter
- Fashion Copywriter
- Senior Copywriter
- Freelance Copywriter
- Website Content Writer Nonprofit
- SEO Copywriter
- Junior Copywriter
Get More Conversion Copywriter Job Description Inspiration
One of the best ways to figure out how to make your job ad stand out is to look at how other companies sell themselves when recruiting for similar positions. Here are some excellent job description examples that will help you attract top Conversion Copywriters:
Hire Conversion Copywriters the Right Way
Workello helps content teams hire better writers more consistently.
- Sign up for Workello
- Confirm your pre-optimized job description, writing assessment, and candidate notifications
- Distribute your Workello job ad across your favorite hiring channels
- Watch candidates stream into your Workello dashboard
- Send pre-hire assessments to promising candidates in one-click
Sign up now and send 5 automated writing tests to Senior Writer candidates for free.
Want More Content About Creating Content?
Our team has built and led a forty five person content team. Learn what we’ve learned.