- Salary Ranges for Senior Copywriters
- How To Make Sure Your Job Description Fits the Type of Senior Copywriter You Need
- Similar Roles to Senior Copywriters
- Our Favorite Senior Copywriter Job Descriptions
- Hire Qualified Senior Copywriters Faster
- Want More Content About Creating Content?
Senior Copywriter Job Description Template
We are looking for a Senior Copywriter who knows how to assert brand voice and, most importantly, write to sell.
As a Senior Copywriter in our company, you’ll be in charge of a copywriting team that creates and executes standout campaigns. You’ll need to understand what our customers need and use your copy to entice them to take a desirable action.
You will work closely with our design team to ensure that your copy is supported by appropriate visuals.
To be considered for this position, you need at least 5 years of copywriting experience.
- Concepting and writing high-quality copy
- Creating and directing copy projects
- Mentoring and supervising Junior Copywriters
- Working closely with our UI/UX Designers to create copy-supporting visuals
- Collaborating on creating marketing and SEO campaigns
- Ensuring the brand voice is consistent across all channels
- Researching and staying on top of the latest industry and copywriting trends
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, or related field
- 5+ years of experience in copywriting roles
- Portfolio of published work
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work across different media
- Proven managerial skills
Salary Ranges for Senior Copywriters
Senior Copywriters earn different amounts of money, based on a myriad of factors, such as location, company size, contract length, industry, and experience.
According to Glassdoor, these are the average annual salaries across the United States:
|San Francisco, CA||$82,000||$114,000||$158,000|
|New York, NY||$76,000||$101,000||$135,000|
|Los Angeles, CA||$75,000||$103,000||$142,000|
|Tampa Bay, FL||$46,000||$66,000||$95,000|
How To Make Sure Your Job Description Fits the Type of Senior Copywriter You Need
The first step to writing a job description is knowing exactly what you want from your new employee. Are you sure you need a Senior Copywriter, or are you looking for a similar role?
To ensure that you’re after the right type of candidate, you should know the distinctions between similar-sounding roles that perform different duties. Check out these copywriting-related job descriptions to understand the importance of being specific in your ad:
- Senior Marketing Copywriter—Senior Marketing Copywriters focus exclusively on promotional and acquisition copy that aims to sell a product, rather than establishing brand voice or authority
- Lead Copywriter—The role is in charge of copywriting teams and ensures the proper education of members on brand standards. A Lead Copywriter also focuses on user acquisition and lead generation through search engines and paid social media campaigns
Similar Roles to Senior Copywriters
Need job description templates for roles similar to a Senior Copywriter? You can find them here:
- Junior Copywriter
- Automotive Copywriter
- B2B Copywriter
- Radio Copywriter
- Copywriter Intern
- Freelance Copywriter
- SEO Copywriter
- Medical Copywriter
- Beauty Copywriter
- Content Manager Copywriter
- Fashion Copywriter
- Direct Marketing Copywriter
- Conversion Copywriter
- Pharmaceutical Copywriter
- Social Media Copywriter
Look into our job description template database to find templates for every role within a content team.
Our Favorite Senior Copywriter Job Descriptions
You should check out several job descriptions before you decide what you want yours to look like.
Here are some of the best job description examples you can check out to get an idea of how you should position yourself as a brand:
Hire Qualified Senior Copywriters Faster
Workello helps content teams hire better writers more consistently.
- Sign up for Workello
- Confirm your pre-optimized job description, writing assessment, and candidate notifications
- Distribute your Workello job ad across your favorite hiring channels
- Watch candidates stream into your Workello dashboard
- Send pre-hire assessments to promising candidates in one-click
Sign up now and send 5 automated writing tests to Political Writer candidates for free.
Want More Content About Creating Content?
Our team has built and led a forty five person content team. Learn what we’ve learned.