- Salary Ranges for SEO Copywriters
- Create a Job Ad That Targets Only the Best SEO Copywriters for Your Company
- Similar Roles to SEO Copywriter
- Get More SEO Copywriter Job Descriptions Inspiration
- Hiring Better, More Affordable SEO Copywriters
- Want More Content About Creating Content?
SEO Copywriter Job Description Template
We are looking for a high-performing SEO Copywriter to create engaging and compelling copy for our audience. As an SEO Copywriter, you will be creating copy, scripts, and long-form content for our web pages, emails, social media posts, infographics, landing pages, etc.
You must have exceptional written English, a deep understanding of SEO writing strategies, and the ability to adapt your style and tone to our target audience. You will work with our marketing and design teams to gain an in-depth understanding of our products and services.
You will also analyze user behavior on our website and other digital channels to create data-driven, optimized copy that will captivate our audience and boost our rankings and visibility. As a member of our organization, you will receive [list benefits].
- Write high-quality, error-free, original, and engaging copy for our email newsletters, social media posts, etc.
- Write long-form copy for our web and landing pages, video scripts, long-form blogs, etc.
- Employ SEO strategies to your writing
- Research and fact-check thoroughly to ensure accuracy and effectiveness
- Work with your assigned Copy Editor to ensure the copy meets all language, structure, tone, and informational requirements
- Work with the design team in the visuals selection process for every copy to drive user experience
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Creative Writing, Journalism, Communications, or a related field
- 3+ years of SEO copywriting experience
- A strong copywriting portfolio that includes email copy, web pages, sales letters, etc.
- Exceptional grammar, research, fact-checking, writing, and editing skills
- Adaptable writing style for different demographics
- Advanced knowledge of SEO and copywriting strategies
- Self-motivated with good time management and organizational skills
- Experience with writing and content management tools
Salary Ranges for SEO Copywriters
SEO Copywriters can be found in different industries and niches. They also have different skill and experience levels and work with low, medium, or high-paying clients and employers. All these factors play into how much an SEO Copywriter can earn. The data in this table represents the average salaries of SEO Copywriters across some major U.S. cities, according to Glassdoor:
City Entry-Level Median Top 10%
San Francisco, CA $44,000 $73,000 $120,000
New York, NY $46,000 $70,000 $107,000
Seattle, WA $37,000 $58,000 $91,000
Dallas, TX $39,000 $57,000 $83,000
Los Angeles, CA $40,000 $64,000 $102,000
Portland, OR $41,000 $59,000 $86,000
Austin, TX $39,000 $60,000 $92,000
Atlanta, GA $42,000 $58,000 $80,000
Nashville, TN $36,000 $52,000 $73,000
Tampa Bay, FL $36,000 $48,000 $64,000
Create a Job Ad That Targets Only the Best SEO Copywriters for Your Company
Not every SEO Copywriter has the writing skill, SEO knowledge, or industry experience needed to work in your company—your job ad needs to be specific enough to put off unqualified candidates.
When you write a job description, you need go into detail about:
- Responsibilities—the kind of copy they will be writing, their responsibilities while collaborating with other teams, etc.
- Qualifications—required academic degree, portfolio content, years of experience in direct or similar roles, their proficiency with tools you’ll need them to work with
- Benefits—salary increase, career advancement opportunities, overtime and paid time off, 401k plans, etc.
This is crucial to ensure your job ad appeals only to suitable candidates—you want to avoid candidates looking for other writing and SEO roles with overlapping responsibilities and requirements.
Some of these similar roles are similar but essentially differ from SEO Copywriter:
- Copywriter—Writes primarily for the purposes of advertisements and sales. They write sales copy, such as ads and sales letters. Copywriters are not concerned with maximum outreach and search engine rankings
- SEO Specialist—This SEO role deals with developing SEO content strategies, as well as analyzing, and revising existing copy or content to ensure better search engine ranking
- SEO Writer—Writes content, not copy. SEO Writers typically produce longer forms (blogs and articles) with the primary aim of boosting visibility on search engines. These writers typically have good SEO skills, but the copywriting skills are not required
Similar Roles to SEO Copywriter
If you do not need an SEO Copywriter after all or need to hire for other roles, we have other templates you can check out:
- SEO Writer
- Direct Marketing Copywriter
- Freelance Copywriter
- SEO Content Specialist
- Conversion Copywriter
- Copywriter Intern
- Social Media Copywriter
- Junior Copywriter
- Senior Copywriter
- B2B Copywriter
- Medical Copywriter
These job description templates can become your job ads—make a few adjustments to any of them to satisfy your hiring needs.
Get More SEO Copywriter Job Descriptions Inspiration
If you’re not sure how to start your job description, use job description examples from these popular job boards to get some fresh ideas:
Hiring Better, More Affordable SEO Copywriters
Workello helps content teams hire better writers more consistently.
- Sign up for Workello
- Confirm your pre-optimized job description, writing assessment, and candidate notifications
- Distribute your Workello job ad across your favorite hiring channels
- Watch candidates stream into your Workello dashboard
- Send pre-hire assessments to promising candidates in one-click
Sign up now and send 5 automated writing tests to Senior Writer candidates for free.
Want More Content About Creating Content?
Our team has built and led a forty five person content team. Learn what we’ve learned.