Fashion Copywriter Job Description Template
We are looking for a creative Fashion Copywriter to join our team and create powerful, engaging, brand-appropriate copy for our social media and paid advertising campaigns.
The ideal candidate is capable of producing copy that inspires and captivates the customer, builds excitement for new seasonal collections and trends, creates engagement, and generates clicks and sales.
Your other duties will include brainstorming email sequences, writing promotional emails, creating social media pasts and landing pages, and writing product descriptions for our website. You will be working closely with our marketing and creative teams to ensure the copy and design align with our brand’s look and feel, messaging, and tone of voice. You will report directly to the Marketing Director.
- Writing copy for paid ads, social media posts, banners, pop-ups, emails, landing pages, product/collection pages, etc.
- Applying feedback and ensuring the copy is powerful, engaging, and on-brand
- Including seasonal inspiration and brand voice into copy
- Brainstorming seasonal email campaigns and varying copy angles for different segments of our target audience
- Collaborating with design, social, digital marketing teams to develop compelling messages that drive business and engage customers on every marketing channel
- Researching fashion trends to make copy reflect marketplace and cultural relevance
- Maintaining a working knowledge of digital and social media trends and business/advertising features
- Organizing quotes from the designer to be used throughout social media copy
- Keeping up with the most recent fashion trends
- Promoting articles via social media networks
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Creative Writing, Marketing, Fashion Design
- 1-2 years of experience working as a Fashion Copywriter or similar role
- Previous experience in the fashion industry
- Thorough knowledge of current trends and general interest in fashion and fashion terminology
- Expertise with social media platforms and digital trends
- Creativity and attention to detail
- Solid understanding of autoresponders, audience segmentation, trigger emails, retargeting and remarketing
Salary Ranges for Fashion Copywriters
Not every Fashion Copywriter will have the same salary. There are several factors that affect how much these employees will be paid, such as experience, location, and education.
According to Glassdoor, salaries vary significantly in different cities. Check out the table below for more information:
|San Francisco, CA||$30,000||$39,000||$52,000|
|New York, NY||$30,000||$39,000||$53,000|
|Los Angeles, CA||$40,000||$63,000||$102,000|
|Tampa Bay, FL||$36,000||$48,000||$64,000|
Tailor Your Job Ad To Land the Best Fashion Copywriters
Tailoring your job ad to your company’s beliefs and values is a crucial step in ensuring you attract qualified applicants. You should write a job description that is super specific, so that candidates will know whether they should apply.
A detailed job description will ward off candidates without proper qualifications thus saving you a ton of money, time, and energy you’d need to spend assessing them.
Similar Roles to Fashion Copywriter
In case you are not looking only for a Fashion Copywriter, but need other creative experts to join your team, check out other job description templates available in the table below:
- Fashion Writer
- Fashion Editor
- Beauty Copywriter
- SEO Copywriter
- Direct Marketing Copywriter
- Freelance Copywriter
- Copywriter Intern
- Conversion Copywriter
- Social Media Copywriter
- Entertainment Writer
- Nutrition Writer
- Content Creator
- Content Writer
- Digital Content Writer
- Social Media Content Coordinator
- Content Publisher
Get More Fashion Copywriter Job Descriptions Inspiration
If you want to make your brand unique, you should look at job description examples to see how other companies sell their brand. These pages will provide you with useful information:
Hire Qualified Fashion Copywriters Faster
Workello helps content teams hire better writers more consistently.
- Sign up for Workello
- Confirm your pre-optimized job description, writing assessment, and candidate notifications
- Distribute your Workello job ad across your favorite hiring channels
- Watch candidates stream into your Workello dashboard
- Send pre-hire assessments to promising candidates in one-click
Sign up now and send 5 automated writing tests to Political Writer candidates for free.
Want More Content About Creating Content?
Our team has built and led a forty five person content team. Learn what we’ve learned.