- Salary Ranges for Junior Copywriter
- How To Ensure That Your Job Description Fits the Copywriter You’re Looking For
- Similar Roles to Junior Copywriter
- Our Favorite Junior Copywriter Job Descriptions
- Hiring Better, More Affordable Junior Copywriters
- Want More Content About Creating Content?
Junior Copywriter Job Description Template
We are searching for a Junior Copywriter to be a part of our team. You will write and update text for blogs, social media posts, brochures, etc. You will be working directly below a (Senior) Copywriter and receive feedback from them or your Editor to make sure you understand the client specifications, sharpen your writing, and stay on brand.
As a Junior Copywriter, you should have prior experience and a versatile portfolio showcasing your creativity and superb writing skills.
To be successful in this role, you need to be able to accept constructive criticism, implement feedback, and write copy that adheres to the company’s or client’s standards and strategies.
- Write texts following the strategic creative plan of our company or clients
- Proofread and updated existing copy
- Conduct in-depth research to write copy specific to our target audience
- Understand customer requirements to ensure that the copy aligns with their business goals
- Assist in the creation of attractive content for ads for digital forums, social media and website
- Conduct SEO and keyword research to ensure that ads will increase engagement and online traffic
- Use feedback from Senior Copywriters to enhance copywriting skills
- Degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or other related field
- At least one year of experience as a Copywriter
- Portfolio of published content
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Ability to work independently or with a team
Salary Ranges for Junior Copywriter
Based on the location, experience, and their qualifications, Junior Copywriters have different salaries.
The table below shows how the average annual salaries of Junior Copywriters differ in various cities in the United States, according to Glassdoor:
|San Francisco, CA||$49,000||$61,000||$76,000|
|New York, NY||$48,000||$57,000||$68,000|
|Los Angeles, CA||$43,000||$54,000||$67,000|
|Tampa Bay, FL||$36,000||$50,000||$68,000|
How To Ensure That Your Job Description Fits the Copywriter You’re Looking For
To hire the ideal candidate, you need to create a job description that accurately describes their responsibilities. If you don’t, you will end up with thousands of applicants not fit for the role.
Check out these similar Junior Copywriter roles to understand why it’s important to make your job ad super specific:
- Advertising Junior Copywriter—They are responsible for writing content for ads that will align with the marketing strategy and subsequently increase the revenue of the company
- Junior Email Copywriter—A Junior Email Copywriter will create email copy to support the creation of marketing and brand communications
By customizing your job ad, you’ll ensure the applicants know what the job entails and whether they’re the right person for it.
Similar Roles to Junior Copywriter
Is a Junior Copywriter not the job position you are looking to hire? Check out the table below for similar job description templates that you can use to hire top talent:
- Senior Copywriter
- B2B Copywriter
- Social Media Copywriter
- Fashion Copywriter
- Medical Copywriter
- Beauty Copywriter
- Direct Marketing Copywriter
- Conversion Copywriter
- Radio Copywriter
- Pharmaceutical Copywriter
If you need to look for more writer or editor roles, check out our other job description templates.
Our Favorite Junior Copywriter Job Descriptions
The best way to create a great job ad is to check how other businesses do it. This will help you figure out ways to be unique and successfully sell your brand to qualified candidates.
Here are some of our favorite Junior Copywriter job description examples that you can use as inspiration:
Hiring Better, More Affordable Junior Copywriters
Workello helps content teams hire better writers more consistently.
- Sign up for Workello
- Confirm your pre-optimized job description, writing assessment, and candidate notifications
- Distribute your Workello job ad across your favorite hiring channels
- Watch candidates stream into your Workello dashboard
- Send pre-hire assessments to promising candidates in one-click
Sign up now and send 5 automated writing tests to Political Writer candidates for free.
Want More Content About Creating Content?
Our team has built and led a forty five person content team. Learn what we’ve learned.