Remote Medical Writer Job Description
Get the Remote Medical Writer job description template we used to scale a content team to 45 writers and editors. Learn how Workello helps content teams hire higher quality, more affordable writers with less effort.
- Salary Ranges for Remote Medical Writers
- How To Attract Qualified Remote Medical Content Writers With a Customized Job Description
- Similar Roles to Remote Medical Writers
- Get More Remote Medical Writer Job Descriptions Inspiration
- Hiring Better, More Affordable Remote Medical Writers
- Want More Content About Creating Content?
Remote Medical Writer Job Description Template
We are looking for an experienced Remote Medical Writer with excellent scientific knowledge and writing skills to create engaging and informative medical content in the form of long- and short-form articles, clinical trial publications, blog posts, and white papers.
Your other responsibilities include performing extensive research on assigned topics, interviewing experts and reading medical publications, and making sure the content you create follows our style guidelines. Strong analytical skills and a passion for learning will help you succeed in this position. You must also be open to feedback as your work will be edited by our Medical Editors.
Our ideal candidate understands scientific and medical terms and knows how to translate complicated concepts into easy-to-understand materials for both laity and healthcare professionals.
- Write and proofread healthcare-related content, from articles and blog posts to white papers and case studies
- Make sure your content follows the best SEO practices and our style guidelines
- Collaborate with medical professionals and clinical researchers to collect relevant info
- Implement feedback from our Editors
- Prepare guides and other educational content for our target audience
- Rewrite and update old content when needed
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Medicine, Chemistry, Biology, or similar fields
- Strong medical or scientific background
- Comprehensive understanding of healthcare-related concepts
- Solid understanding of medical writing guidelines such as the European Medical Writers Association (EMWA), Good Participatory Practice (GPP), and Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) guidelines
- Basic understanding of SEO practices
- Prior experience in medical content writing is desirable
Salary Ranges for Remote Medical Writers
The average yearly salary of a Remote Medical Writer is affected by numerous factors, including work experience, the level of education, areas of expertise, regional cost of living, and type of employment.
According to Glassdoor, these are salary ranges for Remote Medical Writers across the United States:
|San Francisco, CA||$66,000||$104,000||$164,000|
|New York, NY||$68,000||$89,000||$117,000|
|Los Angeles, CA||$63,000||$87,000||$121,000|
How To Attract Qualified Remote Medical Content Writers With a Customized Job Description
Customizing your Remote Medical Writer job description by listing the exact requirements and expectations you have will allow you to attract top talent and minimize the chances of receiving a myriad of applications from unqualified writers. This way, you won’t waste hours reviewing resumes of candidates that wouldn’t be a good fit for your company.
When writing your job description, you should consider specifying the level of education and experience ideal candidates need to have and the tools they must be familiar with, as well as spelling out their daily tasks clearly.
Similar Roles to Remote Medical Writers
Is a Remote Medical Writer not the position you’re looking for? Check out the following job description templates for roles similar to Remote Medical Writers:
- Medical Copywriter
- Technical Writer
- Quality Assurance Technical Writer
- Technical Writer II
- Associate Medical Writer
- Nutrition Writer
- Regulatory Medical Writer
- Technical Healthcare Writer
- Senior Medical Writer
- Science Writer
Get More Remote Medical Writer Job Descriptions Inspiration
Besides outlining the exact tasks and requirements, it’s also crucial to talk about what makes your company unique and mention the benefits your offer to attract the attention of promising job seekers.
Need some inspiration? You can check out the following websites to find more job description examples:
Hiring Better, More Affordable Remote Medical Writers
Workello helps content teams hire better writers more consistently.
- Sign up for Workello
- Confirm your pre-optimized job description, writing assessment, and candidate notifications
- Distribute your Workello job ad across your favorite hiring channels
- Watch candidates stream into your Workello dashboard
- Send pre-hire assessments to promising candidates in one-click
Sign up now and send 5 automated writing tests to Senior Writer candidates for free.
Want More Content About Creating Content?
Our team has built and led a forty five person content team. Learn what we’ve learned.