Associate Medical Writer Job Description
Here’s the Associate Medical Writer job description template we used to scale a content team to 45 writers and editors. Copy the automated hiring funnel we built to find and hire better, more affordable writers—at scale.
- Salary Ranges for Associate Medical Writers
- Add Your Brand’s Touch to Your Associate Medical Writer Job Ad
- Similar Roles to Associate Medical Writer
- Get More Associate Medical Writer Job Descriptions Inspiration
- Hiring Better, More Affordable Associate Medical Writers
- Want More Content About Creating Content?
Associate Medical Writer Job Description Template
We’re looking for an Associate Medical Writer to create engaging and high-quality medical content that will be used to educate various target audiences on science-related fields.
Your job will include performing thorough research on your assigned topics to ensure your content is factual and properly referenced and adapting your writing style based on provided templates for different projects and target audiences. Attendance at occasional online meetings is a must because the editorial team will use them to provide feedback to implement in your content.
Our ideal candidate has a Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or English or a medical degree. You should also be an excellent writer, acquainted with medical writing style books, and experienced with medical publication platforms (such as PubMed).
- Researching assigned topics in reputable medical publications
- Using provided content templates and guidelines to create content that’s factual, well written, easy to read, engaging, appropriate to the target audience, and matches the medium it will be used for (advertising copy, news releases, educational materials for general audiences. workshop scripts, social media posts)
- Implementing feedback from the Editorial team and Medical Director
- Attending internal and external meetings
- Participating in skill-leveraging courses and workshops
- Performing additional fact checks (when necessary)
- Minimum one year of experience writing about healthcare or pharmaceutical topics
- Knowledge of the American Medical Association (AMA) writing and formatting style
- Experience using PubMed for research
- Ability to produce valuable, engaging, and high-quality medical content based on instructions and guidelines provided by the Medical Director
- Basic understanding of clinical research and medical terminology
- A strong interest in Medicine and Healthcare
Salary Ranges for Associate Medical Writers
The average salary for the Associate Medical Writer role depends on their location, their employment time (temporary, part-time, full-time, freelance), and the amount of content they produce in a particular time.
According to Glassdoor, these are the low, median, and high salaries for the Associate Medical Writer role:
|San Francisco, CA||$71,000||$107,000||$163,000|
|New York, NY||$61,000||$76,000||$96,000|
|Los Angeles, CA||$63,000||$86,000||$117,000|
Add Your Brand’s Touch to Your Associate Medical Writer Job Ad
Hiring Associate Medical Writers can be time-consuming, but you can narrow down your candidates if you learn the essentials of writing a job description.
Reduce the number of unqualified applicants and bad applications by adding more details to your Associate Medical Writer job ad.
To ensure you find the perfect addition to your team:
- Clarify your expectations from the candidate and their responsibilities
- Mention whether you work in a particular niche or have parallel projects in different areas of healthcare
- Bring up skills and traits you would like your candidate to have
Similar Roles to Associate Medical Writer
Associate Medical Writer is not what you’re looking for? Check out these job description templates for other, similar roles:
- Medical Editor
- Content Writer
- Medical Grant Editor
- Medical Copywriter
- Medical Writer (Remote)
- Senior Medical Writer
- Regulatory Medical Writer
- Medical Copy Editor
- Medical Transcription Quality Assurance Editor
- Content Creator
- Science Writer
- Research Writer
Get More Associate Medical Writer Job Descriptions Inspiration
If you’re looking for job description examples that will help you attract the best Associate Medical Writer candidates, check out some of the ads posted on:
Hiring Better, More Affordable Associate Medical Writers
Workello helps content teams hire better writers more consistently.
- Sign up for Workello
- Confirm your pre-optimized job description, writing assessment, and candidate notifications
- Distribute your Workello job ad across your favorite hiring channels
- Watch candidates stream into your Workello dashboard
- Send pre-hire assessments to promising candidates in one-click
Sign up now and send 5 automated writing tests to Political Writer candidates for free.
Want More Content About Creating Content?
Our team has built and led a forty five person content team. Learn what we’ve learned.