Nutrition Writer Job Description
Here’s the Nutrition Writer job description template we used to scale a content team to 45 writers and editors. Learn how we grew a startup backed by A16 from 0 to 1,000,000 / organics per month.
Nutrition Writer Job Description Template
We are looking for a Nutrition Writer to generate valuable content focusing on health and food.
You will be in charge of creating engaging texts about the impacts eating habits might have on general well-being. We expect you to do in-depth research on your assigned topics and be able to produce high-quality and compelling content for our social media, website, promotional materials, and other media outlets.
Our ideal candidate has outstanding writing and editing skills and can submit error-free first drafts in a timely fashion.
- Research complex nutrition and health subjects to provide clear information to our current audience
- Generate content on a wide range of food- and health-related topics
- Collaborate with our marketing, advertising, and promotional departments on all campaigns regarding healthy eating to ensure consistency of quality
- Educate our target audiences on how to prevent or resolve health issues using good food choices
- Keep track of the nutrition industry and trends to come up with brand-specific perspectives on relevant areas
- 3+ years of experience working with nutrition or health content
- Outstanding writing and research skills
- Thorough understanding of dietary requirements and healthy foods advantages
- Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition, Health, Food Science, or a related field
- Having a food blog is an advantage (please provide the link to your blog)
Salary Ranges for Nutrition Writers
Salaries for Nutrition Writers depend on the chosen candidate’s experience, geographical location, and demands.
To earmark an adequate sum, check out this table that displays the average annual salary for Nutrition Writers across the States, according to ZipRecruiter:
San Francisco, CA $55,900
New York, NY $52,350
Seattle, WA $51,800
Dallas, TX $47,750
Los Angeles, CA $50,530
Portland, OR $47,650
Austin, TX $46,340
Atlanta, GA $47,830
Nashville, TN $46,400
Tampa Bay, FL $44,360
Customize a Nutrition Writer Job Ad To Fulfill Your Needs
To tailor a job description for a Nutrition Writer to your specific requirements, you should be super-specific. Provide all the tasks and obligations your new team member will have. This way, you will give people a chance to determine whether they are a good fit.
A detailed list of specific responsibilities will attract only top talent and deter unsuitable candidates. It will significantly save your time and energy going through numerous weak resumes.
When researching the position and what to include in the job ad, you should also get familiar with some similar roles to prevent unqualified candidates from applying. Here are some:
- Medical Writer—These professionals create various forms of scientific publications, such as regulatory and research paperwork or disease- and medicine-related instructional and promotional materials
- Technical Healthcare Writer—This type of writer produces content about healthcare, medicine, technology, and science, making these complex topics understandable to the target audience
Similar Roles to Nutrition Writers
If you are still not sure whether you want to employ a Nutrition Writer or perhaps start with another position, take a look at the following job description templates for related roles:
- Contract Writer
- Senior Writer
- Remote Medical Writer
- Science Writer
- Associate Medical Writer
- Senior Medical Writer
- Medical Copywriter
- Regulatory Medical Writer
- Freelance Writer
- Freelance Copywriter
Get More Nutrition Writer Job Descriptions Inspiration
Making your job advert stand out will motivate top-performing Nutrition Writer candidates to consider your company.
If you would like to check how other businesses do it, use the job description examples from these job search websites:
Hire Nutrition Writers the Right Way
Workello helps content teams hire better writers more consistently.
- Sign up for Workello
- Confirm your pre-optimized job description, writing assessment, and candidate notifications
- Distribute your Workello job ad across your favorite hiring channels
- Watch candidates stream into your Workello dashboard
- Send pre-hire assessments to promising candidates in one-click
Sign up now and send 5 automated writing tests to Senior Writer candidates for free.
Want More Content About Creating Content?
Our team has built and led a forty five person content team. Learn what we’ve learned.