Quality Assurance Technical Writer Job Description
Get the Quality Assurance Technical Writer job description template we used to scale a content team to 45 writers and editors. Learn how Workello helps content teams hire higher quality, more affordable writers with less effort.
- Salary Ranges for Quality Assurance Technical Writer
- Refine Your Quality Assurance Technical Writer Job Ad Description To Attract Top Candidates
- Similar Roles to Quality Assurance Technical Writer
- Get More Quality Assurance Technical Writer Job Descriptions Inspiration
- Hire Qualified Quality Assurance Technical Writers Faster
- Want More Content About Creating Content?
Quality Assurance Technical Writer Job Description Template
We are seeking a Quality Assurance Technical Writer that will contribute to our organization’s growth by revising and authoring documents that support our QA department.
To excel in this role, a candidate must demonstrate experience in technical writing and knowledge of QA processes in [your industry].
The chosen candidate will write, edit, and develop documents related to our company’s quality control processes. They will drive the collaboration, review, approval, and publishing of our documentation.
Their primary focus is the development of our directives and procedures documentation through interaction with multiple teams.
- Write and edit technical documents
- Work with senior members of our QA department to establish publishing strategies
- Revise our procedures and documentation that govern our internal and external policies and processes
- Drive process improvement of quality across all our deliverables
- Ensure consistent presentation of deliverables through templates
- Deliver documentation timely and provide prompt input
- Prepare briefs and status reports
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Communication, or a related field
- At least 5 years of experience in QA technical writing (portfolio necessary)
- Experience in [industry]
- Excellent investigative, documentation, technical writing, and proofreading skills
- Ability to take in technical information and write them to be accessible to all members of the team
- Work independently with minimum supervision
- Ability to work and communicate clearly and precisely with team members
- Attention to detail when authoring and reviewing documents
- Ability to prioritize, plan, and manage several tasks simultaneously
Salary Ranges for Quality Assurance Technical Writer
The Quality Assurance Technical Writer salaries depend on many factors, such as the writer’s location, experience, expertise, education level, type of contract, etc.
Here’s a list of entry-level, median, and top 10% Quality Assurance Technical Writer salaries across the U.S., according to Glassdoor:
|San Francisco, CA||$58,000||$85,000||$128,000|
|New York, NY||$45,000||$69,000||$106,000|
|Los Angeles, CA||$44,000||$63,000||$92,000|
|Tampa Bay, FL||$41,000||$59,000||$84,000|
Refine Your Quality Assurance Technical Writer Job Ad Description To Attract Top Candidates
To attract the right candidate for your QA Technical Writer position, you should consider customizing your job ad and adding a personal touch to get the best results.
A detailed, in-depth job ad that explains the position clearly has more chances of attracting top talent available on the job market. At the same time, the detailed approach will dissuade many unqualified candidates from applying.
When you start writing your job description, you should be super specific about the responsibilities your new employee will have and the criteria candidates must meet for you to consider them. The more specific you get, the more discouraging it will be for underqualified applicants.
Many companies employ QA Technical Writers but have different responsibilities for this role. That’s why it’s important to make it clear what you will expect from your employee.
You can even take a step further and customize the role of the title to be more forthcoming. Some similar positions include:
- Quality Inspector Technical Writer—Inspects, audits, and reports on processes, materials, and products used in the construction of certain systems. Ensures and reports on conformance with the company’s quality standards
- Quality Control Technical Writer—Writes controlled technical documents, protocols, and reports. Supports management in generating technical memos across different departments
Similar Roles to Quality Assurance Technical Writer
Looking for candidates to fill roles similar to Quality Assurance Technical Writer? Check out this list of job description templates that might help you draft the ideal job ad:
- Technical Writer
- Technical Writer III
- Technical Writer in Healthcare
- Technical Writer in Cyber Security
- Technical Writer Intern
- Technical Writer for Facebook
- API Technical Writer
- SAP Technical Writer
- Technical Writer and Editor
- Technical Science Writer
- Technical Writer II
- Junior Technical Writer
Check out our job description templates for every role on your content team!
Get More Quality Assurance Technical Writer Job Descriptions Inspiration
To get ahead of your competitors and deliver a product or a service that is superior, you need to hire top talent. Writing a job ad that resonates with these best candidates is the way to go.
Take a look at how other successful brands in your industry go about their Quality Assurance Technical Writer job ads. Use the following websites to find various job description examples:
Hire Qualified Quality Assurance Technical Writers Faster
Workello helps content teams hire better writers more consistently.
- Sign up for Workello
- Confirm your pre-optimized job description, writing assessment, and candidate notifications
- Distribute your Workello job ad across your favorite hiring channels
- Watch candidates stream into your Workello dashboard
- Send pre-hire assessments to promising candidates in one-click
Sign up now and send 5 automated writing tests to Senior Writer candidates for free.
Want More Content About Creating Content?
Our team has built and led a forty five person content team. Learn what we’ve learned.