SEO Content Outreach Specialist Job Description
Use the SEO Content Outreach Specialist job description template we built to scale a content team to 45 writers and editors. Building a content team? Join the largest Content Ops community (3,000+ members) on the internet.
- Salary Ranges for Content Outreach Specialists
- Tips on Creating a Perfect Content Outreach Specialist Job Ad
- Similar Roles to Content Outreach Specialist
- Get More Content Outreach Specialist Job Descriptions Inspiration
- Hire Content Outreach Specialists the Right Way
- Want More Content About Creating Content?
Content Outreach Specialist Job Description Template
Our company is seeking a highly motivated and dedicated Content Outreach Specialist to join our team and help us drive brand awareness. You will work alongside our SEO, content, and social media teams to create outreach campaigns for our company’s products/services and ensure they are implemented properly. You will be in charge of ensuring optimum exposure by building backlinks, engaging with relevant sites and partners to promote our products/services, and developing innovative ideas to drive organic growth. You will be tasked with building relationships with bloggers, journalists, publishers, influencers, and other relevant linking partners who would share/promote our content.
The ideal candidate should be proficient in English and have excellent written communication skills and solid knowledge of SEO concepts.
- Help us gain brand exposure and increase SEO traffic by identifying the best outreach opportunities
- Research and find appropriate backlinking partners that are willing to promote our products/services/content on different social media channels, forums, and online communities
- Manage internal and external strategic partnerships
- Strategize and drive content production that best supports our backlinking campaigns
- Conduct competitor research
- Analyze the success of backlinks and/or guest posts and report to the SEO Manager
- Document backlinking procedures and organize workshops to instruct other team members on best practices
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, Marketing, PR, or another relevant field
- Excellent understanding of SEO best practices
- Experience with SEO software (Ahrefs, SEMrush, or Pitchbox) and analytics tools, such as Google Analytics, Google Search Console, or Adobe Analytics
- Minimum of [XY years] of experience in PR, link building, sales, or outreach campaigns
- Proficiency in English and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build and manage long-lasting relationships with partners
Salary Ranges for Content Outreach Specialists
Salaries for Content Outreach Specialists across the States aren’t always the same—they vary wildly depending on candidates’ years of experience, skills, and certifications. Here’s how average annual salaries of Content Outreach Specialists differ in major U.S. cities, according to Glassdoor:
City Entry-Level Top 10%
San Francisco, CA $46,000 $112,000
New York, NY $39,000 $94,000
Seattle, WA $42,000 $104,000
Dallas, TX $36,000 $77,000
Los Angeles, CA $38,000 $89,000
Portland, OR $38,000 $88,000
Austin, TX $33,000 $74,000
Atlanta, GA $33,000 $87,000
Nashville, TN $33,000 $82,000
Tampa Bay, FL $29,000 $70,000
Tips on Creating a Perfect Content Outreach Specialist Job Ad
To avoid wasting time on reviewing resumes that don’t fit your company’s needs, you should put in strategic effort in creating the job ad for the role you’re hiring for. By being specific and clear about all the requirements and responsibilities, you allow the potential candidates to fully understand what the role entails and help them decide whether it is a role they can excel at prior to applying. Why struggle with going through a ton of bad resumes when you can customize your job ad for the specific role you’re hiring and save precious time?
When writing a job description for your ad, you should:
- Mention all the benefits your company provides to potential candidates (paid time off, health insurance, or mental health benefits)
- Include relevant details about the salary (such as the compensation range and potential bonuses)
- State what certification or degree the candidate should have (Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Marketing/Business/Communications)
- Emphasize what the required skills for the position are—list software or specific tools that the successful candidate will use daily and state specific skill/experience levels for each item
Similar Roles to Content Outreach Specialist
We can provide you with job description templates for various other roles in SEO and content management/production. Check out our ready-made templates for every role on your content team and choose the one(s) you need:
- SEO Content Specialist
- Content Management Specialist
- SEO Content Manager
- Digital Content Specialist
- SEO Copywriter
- Content Specialist
- Content Marketing Specialist
- Digital Marketing Specialist
- Web Content Specialist
- Senior Marketing Specialist
Get More Content Outreach Specialist Job Descriptions Inspiration
Still unsure about what your Content Outreach Specialist job ad should look like? You can check out a few different job description examples in existing ads to see how other companies tailor their job descriptions when recruiting for similar roles. Visit the job boards below to see different Content Outreach Specialist job ad examples and get an idea of what your job ad should look like:
Hire Content Outreach Specialists the Right Way
Workello helps content teams hire better writers more consistently.
- Sign up for Workello
- Confirm your pre-optimized job description, writing assessment, and candidate notifications
- Distribute your Workello job ad across your favorite hiring channels
- Watch candidates stream into your Workello dashboard
- Send pre-hire assessments to promising candidates in one-click
Sign up now and send 5 automated writing tests to Senior Writer candidates for free.
Want More Content About Creating Content?
Our team has built and led a forty five person content team. Learn what we’ve learned.