Web Content Specialist Job Description
Use the Web Content Specialist job description template we built to scale a content team to 45 writers and editors. Building a content team? Join the largest Content Ops community (3,000+ members) on the internet.
- Salary Ranges for Web Content Specialist
- How To Customize a Job Description According to Your Business Needs
- Similar Roles to Web Content Specialist
- Our Favorite Web Content Specialist Job Descriptions
- Hire Web Content Specialists the Right Way
- Want More Content About Creating Content?
Web Content Specialist Job Description Template
We are seeking an experienced Web Content Specialist to join our Content team. As our Web Content Specialist, you will be in charge of uploading, maintaining, and optimizing content on our website. You will need to follow our content publishing calendar and make sure new posts are published in line with the schedule.
You will collaborate with our Marketing and IT teams to plan and develop layouts for landing pages and blog posts. While you don’t need any coding experience, advanced knowledge of a CMS is a must.
You will also be in charge of updating existing content to meet our new guidelines and optimizing them in accordance with the latest SEO practices. We expect you to assist our SEO Specialists with suggestions on how we can improve our content calendar and campaigns.
If you join our company, you will receive [list benefits].
- Upload, maintain, and optimize website content
- Publish new content following the content calendar
- Optimize published content to meet new SEO and stylistic standards
- Collaborate with Marketing and IT teams to develop new web page layouts
- Seek ways to improve our content campaigns and publishing schedule
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, English, Communication, or a related field
- 3+ years of content management experience
- Advanced knowledge of CMS
- Advanced knowledge of SEO
- Strong communication and project management skills
- Experience with HTML/CSS is a plus
- Great analytical skills
Salary Ranges for Web Content Specialist
Salaries for Web Content Specialists can vary widely based on different factors, such as location, work experience, and the industry in which the company operates.
The following rates are average annual salaries across the U.S., according to Glassdoor:
City Entry-Level Median Top 10%
San Francisco, CA $47,000 $72,000 $108,000
New York, NY $41,000 $64,000 $102,000
Seattle, WA $36,000 $49,000 $66,000
Dallas, TX $33,000 $49,000 $73,000
Los Angeles, CA $37,000 $56,000 $84,000
Portland, OR $38,000 $57,000 $86,000
Austin, TX $32,000 $49,000 $74,000
Atlanta, GA $34,000 $53,000 $82,000
Nashville, TN $38,000 $49,000 $64,000
Tampa Bay, FL $30,000 $49,000 $81,000
How To Customize a Job Description According to Your Business Needs
Writing a job description that’s specific about the role you’re offering will help you minimize the number of unqualified candidates and attract top performers. To do that, you need to be as specific as possible about the requirements and the responsibilities that come with the position.
You should also mention any benefits that come with the job so that the best candidates get drawn to your job ad and not go for someone else’s.
You should also ensure that you use the proper title as there are many roles that are similar but essentially different. These roles include:
- Web Content Manager—Oversees the planning, creation, and publishing of web content while a Web Content Specialist creates the content plans
- Content Review Specialist—Reviews and approves content created by other team members and performs regular content checks to ensure effectiveness and identify content gaps
Similar Roles to Web Content Specialist
Looking for more candidates to fill similar roles to a Web Content Specialist? Check out the following job descriptions:
- Content Manager for B2B projects
- Content Operations Specialist
- Content Creator
- Content Specialist Intern
- Content Specialist
- Website Content Writer
- Digital Content Specialist
- Writing Specialist
- Web Content Associate
- Content Management Specialist
- Content Strategist
- SEO Content Specialist
- Content Review specialist
- Writing Consultant
You can access Workello’s database of pre-vetted job description templates to find a ready-made job ad for any position within your content team.
Our Favorite Web Content Specialist Job Descriptions
To position your company as the best employer, you should check out how other companies attract quality Web Content Specialists.
Use the following pages to find many Web Content Specialist job description examples:
Hire Web Content Specialists the Right Way
Workello helps content teams hire better writers more consistently.
- Sign up for Workello
- Confirm your pre-optimized job description, writing assessment, and candidate notifications
- Distribute your Workello job ad across your favorite hiring channels
- Watch candidates stream into your Workello dashboard
- Send pre-hire assessments to promising candidates in one-click
Sign up now and send 5 automated writing tests to Political Writer candidates for free.
Want More Content About Creating Content?
Our team has built and led a forty five person content team. Learn what we’ve learned.