Content Marketing Specialist Job Description
Use the Content Marketing Specialist job description we built to scale a content team to 45 writers and editors. Building a content team? Join the largest Content Ops community (3,000+ members) on the internet.
- Salary Ranges for a Content Marketing Specialist
- Create a Top Job Description for Content Marketing Specialists Tailored to Your Particular Needs!
- Similar Roles to Content Marketing Specialist
- Get More Content Marketing Specialist Job Descriptions Inspiration
- Hiring Better, More Affordable Content Marketing Specialists
- Want More Content About Creating Content?
Content Marketing Specialist Job Description Template
Our company is searching for an ambitious, strong-willed individual to provide invaluable help to our marketing team! In this leading role, you will be responsible for devising and implementing fresh content-selling tactics to increase brand awareness online and attract new subscribers, all the while increasing our company’s digital footprint.
Working alongside a team of professionals, you will be in charge of creating a uniform content marketing strategy and driving our content campaigns. This position additionally requires you to research our target audience and identify the consumers’ needs to ensure our brand garners as much online attention as possible. Your obligations would also include managing content creation, monitoring site traffic, updating our marketing team on the current consumer trends, and ensuring deadlines are met.
The ideal candidate should be proficient with content managing software, as well as metric analysis tools. To present our content without flaws, fluent spoken and written English is also expected.
Our goal is to create and maintain quality output that is optimized according to the latest market trends. Your job is to make sure our content reaches the target audience by capitalizing on the best selling points of our brand!
- Establishing and implementing a well-integrated content marketing strategy
- Cooperating with writers and editors to ensure consistent output
- Researching market trends for a given industry
- Documenting the progress of our content campaigns
- Identifying the selling points of our product for the target audience
- Creating marketing schedules and setting deadlines
- Portfolio of completed content marketing projects
- Five or more years of content marketing experience
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to effectively present marketing strategies to our team
- Well-rounded knowledge of content management systems such as WordPress and Joomla
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, or a related field
Salary Ranges for a Content Marketing Specialist
The average salary for a Content Marketing Specialist can vary dramatically depending on multiple factors, including the candidate’s work experience, state of residence, and qualifications—as well as the current market rate.
This table shows you the different salary ranges across the U.S., according to Glassdoor:
City Entry-Level Median Top 10%
San Francisco, CA $70,000 N/A $164,000
New York, NY $53,000 $93 $163,000
Seattle, WA $50,000 N/A $125,000
Dallas, TX $44,000 N/A $152,000
Los Angeles, CA $48,000 N/A $130,000
Portland, OR $45,000 $63 $75,000
Austin, TX $48,000 N/A $129,000
Atlanta, GA $58,000 N/A $136,000
Nashville, TN $45,000 N/A $119,000
Tampa Bay, FL $44,000 $49 $62,000
Create a Top Job Description for Content Marketing Specialists Tailored to Your Particular Needs!
When customizing the job description template we provided, it is crucial to be as specific as possible in terms of what your company needs to attract the most suitable candidates. Making a superb job ad requires you to specify the exact qualities and qualifications you’re looking for in an applicant. This will deter most unqualified candidates from applying and save you from dealing with heaps of subpar resumes and dubious portfolios.
This is doubly important in the case of Content Marketing Specialists, as they could be specialized in a particular field. Some subtypes of this role include:
- Web Content Marketing Specialist job description—Their main concern is finding new, effective ways of selling your brand’s digital products. They should be proficient with various analytic tools and web design software
- Promotion Content Specialist job description—They are in charge of spearheading your promotion campaigns, engaging potential customers, and successfully managing public relations. Good communication skills are a prerequisite for this role
- Media Content Specialist job description—Their responsibility is to manage your company’s presence on various social media platforms. They should devise ways of effectively communicating the advantages of your product through interesting and entertaining posts while also facilitating interaction between your brand and potential customers
Similar Roles to Content Marketing Specialist
Have you realized that a Content Marketing Specialist is not what your company needs after all? If you are looking to fill a different but complementary position, this table offers you a sample of job description templates for related roles:
- Content Manager
- Content Delivery Manager
- Lead Editor
- Senior Editor
- Content Marketing Manager
- Content and Communications Manager
- Editorial Project Manager
- Product Marketing Manager
- SEO Content Manager
- Digital Asset Content Manager
- Communications Content Manager
- Executive Editor
- Editorial Specialist
- Supervising Editor
- Technical Writing Manager
Get More Content Marketing Specialist Job Descriptions Inspiration
Are you in need of inspiration for your Content Marketing Specialist job ad? We have made a list of some of our favorite job description examples from several hiring platforms:
Hiring Better, More Affordable Content Marketing Specialists
Workello helps content teams hire better writers more consistently.
- Sign up for Workello
- Confirm your pre-optimized job description, writing assessment, and candidate notifications
- Distribute your Workello job ad across your favorite hiring channels
- Watch candidates stream into your Workello dashboard
- Send pre-hire assessments to promising candidates in one-click
Sign up now and send 5 automated writing tests to Senior Writer candidates for free.
Want More Content About Creating Content?
Our team has built and led a forty five person content team. Learn what we’ve learned.