Digital Content Specialist Job Description
Get the Digital Content Specialist job description template we used to scale a content team to 45 writers and editors. Learn how Workello helps content teams hire higher quality, more affordable writers with less effort.
- Salary Ranges for Digital Content Specialists
- How To Tailor Your Digital Content Specialist Job Description To Attract the Right Candidate
- Complementary and Similar Roles To Digital Content Specialists
- Get More Digital Content Specialist Job Descriptions Inspiration
- Hire Qualified Digital Content Specialists Faster
- Want More Content About Creating Content?
Digital Content Specialist Job Description Template
We are looking for a Digital Content Specialist who will plan, produce, and publish engaging digital content in accordance with our brand identity and style guidelines.
You are expected to research and determine our target audience and oversee the creation and publishing of content in the form of blogs, short- and long-form articles, social media posts, landing and web pages, and similar. You will also participate in planning digital media campaigns and content strategies and establishing our online presence to improve brand awareness. Additional responsibilities include tracking the progress of our marketing campaigns, analyzing KPIs, and providing feedback to the content department.
This role requires active collaboration with our SEO, marketing, writing, and editorial teams to ensure our content is optimized for all digital media channels.
To qualify for this position, you need to have at least 5 years of experience as a Digital Content Specialist or in a similar role. A bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communication, Advertising, or English is a plus.
- Monitoring the creation and publishing of the content for our blog, website, and social media platforms
- Researching competitors, target market, and relevant keywords for our digital marketing strategies
- Running digital content campaigns for our website and social media
- Participating in planning and implementation of effective marketing campaigns
- Collaborating with Graphic Designers and Illustrators to come up with appropriate visual content
- Monitoring performance of the content across all digital media platforms
- Editing content for grammar, spelling, punctuation, and style
- Writing content for various platforms, including blogs and social media posts, when necessary
- Making sure all content follows the best SEO practices and our company’s style guidelines
- Managing our marketing, writing, and design teams to ensure everyone meets their deadlines
- Over 5 years of experience in similar roles
- Portfolio with 3–4 examples of past work
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Basic knowledge of SEO
- In-depth knowledge of content management systems, such as WordPress, Joomla, or Magento
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Marketing, Advertising, or Communications
- Experience in Web or Graphic Design is a plus
Salary Ranges for Digital Content Specialists
The salary of a Digital Content Specialist is affected by the candidate’s experience, skills, education, place of living, and many other factors. According to Glassdoor, these are salary ranges for Digital Content Specialists across the U.S:
|San Francisco, CA||$47,000||$72,000||$109,000|
|New York, NY||$48,000||$62,000||$80,000|
|Los Angeles, CA||$38,000||$50,000||$64,000|
|Tampa Bay, FL||$30,000||$49,000||$81,000|
How To Tailor Your Digital Content Specialist Job Description To Attract the Right Candidate
Writing a super specific job ad will help you communicate the requirements and responsibilities a position requires in a clear and concise manner. This will help you attract applicants with relevant skill sets and experience—enabling you to save time reviewing applications as underqualified candidates most likely won’t apply.
You can specify what tools the ideal candidates should be familiar with, how many years of experience they should have, and other requirements that are unique to your company. Make sure to also include a list of day-to-day tasks they will perform.
Complementary and Similar Roles To Digital Content Specialists
If this role isn’t quite the one you’re hiring for, we have more job description templates you can check out. A Digital Content Specialist may work alongside or share similar responsibilities with the following roles:
- SEO Content Specialist
- Content Manager
- Content Marketing Specialist
- Content Developer
- Content Writer
- Web Content Specialist
- Content Director
- Web Content Producer
- Content Strategist
- Content Designer
Get More Digital Content Specialist Job Descriptions Inspiration
Other than posting a super specific job ad, you should also highlight what makes your company special to attract more qualified Digital Content Specialists. If you’re not sure how to do so, the job description examples on the following websites might help you:
Hire Qualified Digital Content Specialists Faster
Workello helps content teams hire better writers more consistently.
- Sign up for Workello
- Confirm your pre-optimized job description, writing assessment, and candidate notifications
- Distribute your Workello job ad across your favorite hiring channels
- Watch candidates stream into your Workello dashboard
- Send pre-hire assessments to promising candidates in one-click
Sign up now and send 5 automated writing tests to Senior Writer candidates for free.
Want More Content About Creating Content?
Our team has built and led a forty five person content team. Learn what we’ve learned.