Content Marketing Associate Job Description
Here’s the Content Marketing Associate job description template we used to scale a content team to 45 writers and editors. Copy the automated hiring funnel we built to find and hire better, more affordable writers—at scale.
- Salary Ranges for Content Marketing Associate
- Specifying Your Job Ad To Hire a Perfect Person for Your Company
- Similar Roles To Content Marketing Associate
- Our Favorite Content Marketing Associate Job Descriptions
- Hiring Better, More Affordable Content Marketing Associates
- Want More Content About Creating Content?
Content Marketing Associate Job Description Template
We’re seeking a Content Marketing Associate. Your main responsibilities will be to write blog and social media posts, marketing emails, and case studies. You will work closely with a team of writers and graphic designers, to make sure all tasks are done on time and that there are no misunderstandings between team members. To excel in this role, your responsibilities will include brainstorming ideas, and conducting marketing research.
- Create engaging content for our blog, website, social media accounts and similar
- Use images to help you better tell the story
- Brainstorm and conduct research
- Write reports and other long-form content
- Keep track of content’s performance across all channels
- Contribute to the publication and strategy of social media
- Stay in the loop about industry-related news
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, English, Journalism, or related field
- Detail-oriented with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Exceptional communication skills
- Familiar with inbound marketing, social media, and Search Engine Optimization
- Proven work experience in the same or similar field
- Prior experience in email marketing, graphic design, content writing, video editing, and similar
- Basic understanding of Photoshop, content management systems (such as WordPress), Google Analytics, and Google Adwords
Salary Ranges for Content Marketing Associate
Content Marketing Associate salaries are determined by a variety of criteria, including duties, experience, certifications, and competence.
According to Glassdoor, the typical yearly pay of a content manager differs across the United States, as seen in the chart below:
City Entry-Level Median Top 10%
San Francisco, CA $63K $108K $188K
New York, NY $54K $79K $117K
Seattle, WA $54K $87K $139K
Dallas, TX $50K $92K $170K
Los Angeles, CA $46K $85K $158K
Austin, TX $47K $79K $133K
Atlanta, GA $61K $100K $153K
Nashville, TN $44K $73K $123K
Specifying Your Job Ad To Hire a Perfect Person for Your Company
You must be specific while writing a job posting. To minimize confusion and misunderstandings throughout the recruiting process, make sure candidates are well informed about the responsibilities and expectations of the role they wish to apply. Also, make sure you use the right tools to know how to write a job description to land the ideal candidate.
Content Marketing Associate job templates may help you figure out what you should include in your job ad, but make sure to customize them according to your company’s needs and requirements. This will help you attract the right candidates and save time reviewing resumes.
When determining the exact position you wish to hire for, you should be aware of all the similar roles so you can make the right decision:
- Content manager—people hired for this position usually help with monitoring the marketing initiatives and building and maintaining a consistent brand identity across all communication platforms. They organize content production, and write, edit, and publish content
- Web content producer—online producers are usually in charge of collaborating with system engineers or web designers, and writers and editors, to create site features that have a user-friendly interface for easy navigation and transitions, as well as being familiar with web publishing technologies such as CSS and HTML
Similar Roles To Content Marketing Associate
If you are still unsure if the position of Content Marketing Associate is the right fit for your company, check out the table below for similar job description templates to Content Marketing Associate:
- Web Content Associate
- Communications Content Manager
- Web Content Specialist
- Content Creator
- Content Delivery Manager
- Content Quality Analyst
- Content Marketing Manager
Our Favorite Content Marketing Associate Job Descriptions
The best way to learn is to watch where others make mistakes. To avoid making the same mistakes as other companies, have a look at some of the job description examples below to nail the job ad on your first try. If you need some ideas, here are some of our favorite job description examples for Content Marketing Associates:
Hiring Better, More Affordable Content Marketing Associates
Workello helps content teams hire better writers more consistently.
- Sign up for Workello
- Confirm your pre-optimized job description, writing assessment, and candidate notifications
- Distribute your Workello job ad across your favorite hiring channels
- Watch candidates stream into your Workello dashboard
- Send pre-hire assessments to promising candidates in one-click
Sign up now and send 5 automated writing tests to Political Writer candidates for free.
Want More Content About Creating Content?
Our team has built and led a forty five person content team. Learn what we’ve learned.