Marketing Communications Writer Job Description
Use the Marketing Communications Writer job description template we built to scale a content team to 45 writers and editors. Building a content team? Join the largest Content Ops community (3,000+ members) on the internet.
- Salary Ranges for a Marketing Communications Writer
- Tailor the Business Communications Writer Job Description Template With a View of Your Company’s Needs!
- Similar Roles to Marketing Communications Writer
- Get More Marketing Communications Writer Job Descriptions Inspiration
- Hiring Better, More Affordable Marketing Communications Writers
- Want More Content About Creating Content?
Marketing Communications Writer Job Description Template
Our company is searching for an experienced, goal-driven Marketing Communications Writer to promote our brand’s online image and facilitate effective communication with potential customers by writing convincing newsletters and creating engaging promotional content. This role will put you in charge of researching current market trends and writing engaging newsletters and emails that will increase product awareness and help convert leads into paid customers.
The ideal candidate should possess a strong background in Marketing and the communication and brand presentation abilities necessary for maintaining public relations. Excellent communication skills are required to present the key selling points of our brand to new clients. They are also expected to be fluent in spoken and written English.
You will be working with a highly professional marketing and communications team to ensure message consistency and efficient communication with all of our current clients. One of your primary duties is to devise effective copy that will be used to promote our brand across a variety of online platforms. To maintain efficient communication with our clients while attracting fresh customers, you are also expected to collaborate with the marketing and advertising teams on all communications initiatives to ensure our promotional content will appeal to the target audience and raise brand awareness in the market.
In short, our goal is to produce outstanding content that’s optimized to reach a wide audience. Your role is to facilitate the growth of our brand by integrating the best marketing and communications strategies into producing convincing writing that will successfully sell our product.
- Devising effective copy that will highlight the advantages of our product
- Creating convincing newsletters and emails that will attract new customers
- Promoting our products during marketing events in an innovative way to intrigue potential clients
- Advertising our services on various social media platforms
- Maintaining good public relations by creating content that caters to our established clientele
- Cooperating with the marketing team on our promotional campaigns to achieve set weekly, monthly, and yearly goals
- Proven marketing experience in the role of a writer
- Portfolio of completed marketing projects
- Good interpersonal skills necessary to establish meaningful market contacts
- Excellent presentation abilities required to present our brand to potential customers
- Superb grip on spoken and written English
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Management, or English
Salary Ranges for a Marketing Communications Writer
Salaries for Marketing Communications Writers tend to vary depending on their experience, education, the state they’re currently living in, and the job market rate. This table offers you a preview of different salaries for Marketing Communications Writers across the U.S, according to Glassdoor:
|San Francisco, CA||$40,000||$62,000||$100,000|
|New York, NY||$35,000||$57,000||$92,000|
|Los Angeles, CA||$34,000||$54,000||$85,000|
|Tampa Bay, FL||$31,000||$41,000||$56,000|
Tailor the Business Communications Writer Job Description Template With a View of Your Company’s Needs!
Creating a job description that will attract only top talent in the industry can be a tedious but challenging formal procedure. That’s why you need to be very specific about what qualifications you’re looking for in an applicant. You should also be precise about the amount of experience required and any additional credentials a candidate should possess. This way, you won’t have to deal with candidates who don’t meet the company’s hiring criteria.
There are many different roles intimately related to Marketing Communications Writer. Some of them are:
- Marketing Communications Specialist—They are in charge of devising effective marketing communications strategies that will help you keep in touch with your current clients while simultaneously attracting fresh customers. A degree in Marketing and strong knowledge of market trends is required
- Marketing Communications Manager—Their role is to oversee your entire marketing communications department to ensure seamless coordination of all marketing projects. Considerable experience in marketing, or even a leadership position, is a prerequisite
- Marketing Communications Associate—Primarily concerned with driving your brand’s marketing initiatives, analyzing market trends and customer behavior, and assisting your writing team with all communications projects to ensure compliance with company policy. Familiarity with market dynamics and current customer needs is mandatory
Similar Roles to Marketing Communications Writer
Have you come to the conclusion that a Marketing Communications Writer is not what your company needs at present? You could be looking to hire for one of the related roles. If so, take a look at these job description templates:
- Content Marketing Manager
- Content Marketing Specialist
- Content Marketing Associate
- Content Writer
- Content Curator
- Communications Content Manager
- Content and Communications Manager
- Content Creator
- VP of Content Communications
- Marketing Communications Coordinator
- Marketing Communications Associate
- Marketing Communications Manager
Get More Marketing Communications Writer Job Descriptions Inspiration
To create an innovative job ad that will attract only the best Marketing Communications Writers, it’s wise to take a look at how other companies create theirs. Here are some of our favorite job description examples from several major employment websites:
Hiring Better, More Affordable Marketing Communications Writers
Workello helps content teams hire better writers more consistently.
- Sign up for Workello
- Confirm your pre-optimized job description, writing assessment, and candidate notifications
- Distribute your Workello job ad across your favorite hiring channels
- Watch candidates stream into your Workello dashboard
- Send pre-hire assessments to promising candidates in one-click
Sign up now and send 5 automated writing tests to Senior Writer candidates for free.
Want More Content About Creating Content?
Our team has built and led a forty five person content team. Learn what we’ve learned.