- Salary Ranges for Automotive Copywriters
- How To Attract Ideal Automotive Copywriter Candidates
- Similar Roles to Automotive Copywriters
- Get More Automotive Copywriters Job Descriptions Inspiration
- Hiring Better, More Affordable Automotive Copywriters
- Want More Content About Creating Content?
Automotive Copywriters Job Description Template
We are looking for a knowledgeable and talented Copywriter to produce compelling copy about the automotive industry that will help us increase sales. From news on the latest concept cars to think pieces about modern trends, we want to deliver valuable and engaging content for our readers. As an Automotive Copywriter, you will interview experts, research additional sources of information, and write engaging articles that will convince readers to purchase our products.
Our Automotive Copywriter needs to be both a capable writer and a motoring enthusiast. Personal interest in the industry is a must as it will ensure you can write with knowledge and familiarity about the range of automotive-related topics you will cover.
While we do not expect candidates to be familiar with our business culture and offerings prior to joining our team, learning about them will be your first task. A successful Automotive Copywriter will be able to incorporate key principles of our vision into their writing, no matter the topic.
- Produce high-quality written copy that will sell our products
- Accurately represent our brand in all copy
- Work with our marketing and sales teams to align copy with key deliverables
- Produce a range of copy suitable for different mediums, including radio, online videos, social media platforms, and websites
- Work with other creative teams to follow our advertising strategy when writing copy
- Research each topic in detail to present an expert perspective on the automotive industry
- 3–5 years of experience in copywriting
- Portfolio with 2–3 samples of professional writing (at least one of which must be related to an automotive topic)
- Demonstrated knowledge of the automotive industry, professional racing culture, or associated field
- Proficiency with document processing software such as Microsoft Word or Google Docs
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Journalism, or English is a plus
Salary Ranges for Automotive Copywriters
Salaries for Automotive Copywriters vary based on a variety of factors. Your offer should reflect the level of experience, education, and skills you expect from candidates. Take a look at how salaries of Automotive Copywriters vary across the States according to data collected by Glassdoor:
City Entry-Level Median Top 10%
San Francisco, CA $44,000 $73,000 $120,000
New York, NY $46,000 $70,000 $107,000
Seattle, WA $37,000 $58,000 $91,000
Dallas, TX $39,000 $57,000 $83,000
Los Angeles, CA $40,000 $64,000 $102,000
Portland, OR $41,000 $59,000 $86,000
Austin, TX $39,000 $60,000 $92,000
Atlanta, GA $42,000 $58,000 $80,000
Nashville, TN $36,000 $52,000 $73,000
Tampa Bay, FL $36,000 $48,000 $64,000
How To Attract Ideal Automotive Copywriter Candidates
If you’re not getting the right candidates based on your current job posting, it may be because your description is too general. There may be key factors at play, even for something as specific as an automotive copywriting position.
Writing a specific and detailed job description will help you refine your hiring process. The candidates you get will be more relevant to the precise needs of the position in your company.
A critical part of the process of drafting a copywriting job description is considering what type of content you intend to produce. Knowing whether it’s car reviews, corporate automotive industry business reporting, or educational content will help you determine what type of experience the ideal candidate should have. Ask yourself what type of writing you will expect your Automotive Copywriter to do, and tailor the job description to your intent.
Similar Roles to Automotive Copywriters
Is it clear to you now that you don’t need an Automotive Copywriter? Find the right type of writer or content producer by using one of our other job description templates below:
- Course Writer
- Technical Writer
- Content Writer
- Social Media Copywriter
- SEO Writer
- Freelance Writer
- Content Creator
Get More Automotive Copywriters Job Descriptions Inspiration
Don’t forget—it’s not enough to post a detailed job description. You also need to present your company as a place the candidate would want to work. Get a little perspective by checking out a few job description examples on the following four job posting websites:
Hiring Better, More Affordable Automotive Copywriters
Workello helps content teams hire better writers more consistently.
- Sign up for Workello
- Confirm your pre-optimized job description, writing assessment, and candidate notifications
- Distribute your Workello job ad across your favorite hiring channels
- Watch candidates stream into your Workello dashboard
- Send pre-hire assessments to promising candidates in one-click
Sign up now and send 5 automated writing tests to Senior Writer candidates for free.
Want More Content About Creating Content?
Our team has built and led a forty five person content team. Learn what we’ve learned.