Content Creator Job Description
Here’s the Content Creator job description template we used to scale a content team to 45 writers and editors. Copy the automated hiring funnel we built to find and hire better, more affordable writers—at scale.
Content Creator Job Description Template
We are searching for a highly motivated Content Creator to produce various articles, newsletters, website content, and social media posts for our company.
Your responsibilities as a Content Creator will include producing engaging content that will promote our brand, writing blogs and social media posts about industry-related topics, and capitalizing on the selling points of our product to customers.
The ideal candidate should have experience with digital marketing and creating outstanding content that emphasizes quality and increases our brand’s reputation on social media. Outstanding knowledge of English grammar and punctuation is a must.
You will be joining a successful team that coordinates our company’s content strategy. Your goal is to help us reach a large audience by creating helpful, informative, and engaging articles on relevant topics, as well as other deliverables that will successfully communicate the benefits of our brand to potential customers..
- Researching the topic you’re writing about thoroughly
- Writing well-informed drafts with minimum mistakes
- Creating valuable, informative, and engaging articles on relevant topics, as well as other deliverables that highlight the advantages of our/our client’s products and services
- Selecting appropriate keywords and keyword variations
- Implementing the best SEO practices to optimize your content for search engines
- Cooperating with your editor to ensure error-free content
- Adapting content strategy to suit the customers’ needs
- Uploading content to our digital knowledge base
- Updating the Content Manager on the progress of your work
- Credible experience in the position of a Content Creator
- Portfolio of published content
- Expertise with various content creation tools, including Adobe Spark and Lucidpress
- Working knowledge of CMS, such as WordPress and Squarespace
- Impeccable understanding of written English
- Superb organizational skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Advanced knowledge of SEO practices
- Bachelor’s degree in Management, Marketing, Journalism, or English
Salary Ranges for a Content Creator
Salaries for Content Creators can vary depending on the candidates’ qualifications, work experience, and state of residence, as well as the current market rate. This table shows you how much an average Content Creator salary varies across the U.S., according to Glassdoor:
City Entry-Level Median Top 10%
San Francisco, CA $39,000 $60,000 $92,000
New York, NY $35,000 $59,000 $99,000
Seattle, WA $36,000 $60,000 $98,000
Dallas, TX $28,000 $39,000 $55,000
Los Angeles, CA $36,000 $59,000 $96,000
Portland, OR $33,000 $52,000 $82,000
Austin, TX $31,000 $46,000 $70,000
Atlanta, GA $26,000 $44,000 $75,000
Nashville, TN $24,000 $44,000 $79,000
Tampa Bay, FL $31,000 $43,000 $56,000
How To Create a Job Ad in View of the Content Creator You Want
Being familiar with different types of Content Creators is crucial for determining how you should customize your job description template. Different sub-roles may require different skill sets and qualifications, and you should emphasize that in your job ad to attract suitable candidates. The following list will show you the key differences between various Content Creator job descriptions:
- Web Content Creator job description—When it comes to web content, the required skill set usually includes advanced knowledge of digital content creation tools. Marketing experience is also preferable, as Web Content Creators will be in charge of optimizing our landing page and creating an easily navigable knowledge base that will appeal to consumer interests
- Graphic Artist Content Creator job description—Graphic Artist Content Creators must have extensive knowledge of graphic design tools such as Adobe Photoshop, ProofHub, or Designer. You should also put emphasis on the visual quality of a prospective candidate’s work when making an ad for Graphic Artist Content Creators
- Social Media Content Creator job description—The primary requirement for a candidate should be familiarity with all major social media websites (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.). They should have experience in making appealing posts that will boost audience engagement. It is also vital that a candidate knows how to effectively communicate the benefits of your products to customers while promoting brand awareness
Similar Roles to Content Creator
If you’ve realized you need a specific type of Content Creator for your company, check out the following job description templates for various types of the role:
- Fashion Writer
- Political Writer
- Lifestyle Writer
- Senior Writer
- Magazine Writer
- Science Writer
- Freelance Writer
- Technical Writer
- Course Writer
- Business Writer
Our Favorite Content Creator Job Descriptions
A good way to pick up some ideas for your job ad is by looking at how other companies write job descriptions for their vacancies. Here are some job description examples from well-known hiring platforms that will provide much-needed inspiration:
Hiring Better, More Affordable Content Creators
Workello helps content teams hire better writers more consistently.
- Sign up for Workello
- Confirm your pre-optimized job description, writing assessment, and candidate notifications
- Distribute your Workello job ad across your favorite hiring channels
- Watch candidates stream into your Workello dashboard
- Send pre-hire assessments to promising candidates in one-click
Sign up now and send 5 automated writing tests to Political Writer candidates for free.
Want More Content About Creating Content?
Our team has built and led a forty five person content team. Learn what we’ve learned.