Medical Grant Editing Job Description
Here’s the medical grant editing job description template we used to scale a content team to 45 writers and editors. Learn how we grew a startup backed by A16 from 0 to 1,000,000 / organics per month.
- Salary Ranges for Medical Grant Editing Roles
- Customize Your Medical Grant Editing Job Description and Make It Stand Out
- Similar Roles to a Medical Grant Editing Job
- Get More Medical Grant Editing Job Description Inspiration
- Hire Qualified Faster
- Want More Content About Creating Content?
Medical Grant Editing Job Description Template
[Company] is searching for an experienced medical grant editing candidate to work closely with other team members, such as Scientific Writers and other Editors.
Our main objective is to target organizations to fund our projects.
Your primary task is to make sure our mission and core values are persuasively communicated to grant providers. On a daily basis, you will be reviewing grant proposals and checking them for grammatical errors and formatting issues, while also verifying they’re well researched and in line with organizations’ specific requirements. You will also be assessing lexical choices to ensure clear, concise, and engaging language use. As a Medical Grant Editor, you will be in charge of maintaining the calendar of proposal submissions and making sure organization’s deadlines are met.
Our ideal candidate is attentive to detail and has a background in medical writing and/or editing/proofreading experience in any other writing niche.
- Establishing objectives of grant proposals
- Supervising the writing of grant proposals to ensure their timely submissions and adherence to applications’ requirements
- Delivering information about projects’ nature and intended outcomes
- Presenting writing strategies
- Evaluating writing performance
- Conducting final reviews and providing constructive feedback to Grant Writers
- Attending strategy meetings
- Bachelor’s in Linguistics, Public Administration, or Public Health
- Impeccable spoken and written English
- At least 2 years of writing or editing experience, preferably in an academic setting
- Grant writing experience is a plus
- Research skills, preferably with a demonstrated ability to locate grant prospects
- Familiarity with applicable grant laws and regulations
Salary Ranges for Medical Grant Editing Roles
Grant editing is a niche that pays off, but the salaries vary considerably depending on a few factors, such as years of experience, employment location, contract type, and content niche.
Medical Grant Editors mostly earn salaries similar to those of Grant Editors. Based on the data obtained from Glassdoor, here’s how Grant Editors’ salaries vary within the U.S.:
|San Francisco, CA||$44,000||$111,000|
|New York, NY||$43,000||$111,000|
|Los Angeles, CA||$35,000||$105,000|
|Tampa Bay, FL||$31,000||$77,000|
Customize Your Medical Grant Editing Job Description and Make It Stand Out
Job description templates are time-saving, but they should only serve you as inspiration—you should make sure to adjust them to the actual position you’re offering. Knowing how to write a job description is crucial, and you should state your requirements clearly. Describe the experience a candidate would have as your employee. Don’t be worried about sounding too demanding—candidates need to know everything the role entails, but you should put it concisely and avoid fluff. Make sure to highlight the benefits that make a difference between your and other companies’ offers.
Similar Roles to a Medical Grant Editing Job
Organizations are often in search of talented Editors, and there’s an abundance of content niches they could specialize in, such as social media, scientific article, or newspaper editing, for example.
Some of the fields overlap to a certain extent, and you may end up needing a different type of Editor for your company. There are many other similar job description templates for you to check out—some of these might suit you better:
- Medical Writer
- Medical Copy Editor
- Technical Writer Healthcare
- Associate Medical Writer
- Medical Transcription Quality Assurance Editor
- Medical Copywriter
- Medical Editor
- Research Editor
- Associate Editor
- Planning Editor
- Scientific Editor
- Academic Journal Editor
Get More Medical Grant Editing Job Description Inspiration
Wondering what medical grant editing job descriptions should look like in practice? Take a look at a few of such job description examples we selected:
Hire Qualified Faster
Workello helps content teams hire better writers more consistently.
- Sign up for Workello
- Confirm your pre-optimized job description, writing assessment, and candidate notifications
- Distribute your Workello job ad across your favorite hiring channels
- Watch candidates stream into your Workello dashboard
- Send pre-hire assessments to promising candidates in one-click
Sign up now and send 5 automated writing tests to Senior Writer candidates for free.
Want More Content About Creating Content?
Our team has built and led a forty five person content team. Learn what we’ve learned.