B2B Content Manager Job Description
Get the B2B Content Manager job description template we used to scale a content team to 45 writers and editors. Learn how Workello helps content teams hire higher quality, more affordable writers with less effort.
- Salary Ranges for B2B Content Managers
- Create a Specific Job Description To Attract the Best B2B Content Managers
- Similar Roles to B2B Content Managers
- Get More B2B Content Manager Job Descriptions Inspiration
- Hiring Better, More Affordable B2B Content Managers
- Want More Content About Creating Content?
B2B Content Manager Job Description Template
We are looking for an experienced B2B Content Manager to oversee the creation of B2B content and establish our company’s online presence. Your responsibilities include brainstorming content ideas with content and marketing teams, performing market research, developing content strategies in accordance with our marketing goals, and planning our content calendar.
An ideal candidate needs to demonstrate strong leadership and time management skills as they will need to supervise writers, editors, graphic designers, web designers, and SEO specialists to ensure that all content meets deadlines and follows our style guidelines.
You need to have at least 3–4 years of experience in managing B2B content to qualify for this position. A bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Marketing, Communications, or English is considered a plus.
- Manage day-to-day operations of our entire content team, including Writers, Editors, SEO Specialists, Website Designers, and Graphic Designers
- Supervise all stages of content production—from planning to publishing
- Create an effective content strategy that increases brand visibility
- Work alongside the marketing team to create, analyze, and improve content plans based on the insights obtained from market research and the effectiveness of previous campaigns
- Create and maintain a content production calendar
- Ensure the tone of all content is in accordance with our style guidelines and target audience
- 3–4 years of experience as a B2B Content Manager
- General understanding of Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Proficiency in market research
- Ability to create B2B buyer personas with the goal of developing effective, targeted content
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer literacy with a good command of HyperText Markup Language (HTML)
- Solid command of content management systems (such as WordPress and Joomla) and various content creation tools (Contently, Shorthand, or Foleon)
- In-depth understanding of social media marketing
- Strong leadership skills
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Mass Communications, Journalism, or Marketing
Salary Ranges for B2B Content Managers
According to Glassdoor, the average salary for Content Managers is $75,672 per year. The amount you pay your B2B Content Manager will depend on several factors, including their level of experience, education, and additional skills, as well as the size of your company and regional cost of living.
Good B2B Content Managers are expensive.
Create a Specific Job Description To Attract the Best B2B Content Managers
Not sure how to attract qualified candidates only? Consider fine-tuning your job ad according to what your company needs.
By writing a job posting that’s too general, you risk receiving too many applications from candidates that lack the necessary skill sets. Posting a super specific job ad can help you communicate the exact duties and requirements clearly, which will reduce the pool of unqualified candidates. This will enable you to save time reviewing applications and make the first step of your hiring process easier to manage.
Similar Roles to B2B Content Managers
The responsibilities of a B2B Content Manager can overlap with those of other, similar positions. If B2B Content Manager doesn’t seem like the role you’re hiring for, consult our job description templates for similar roles in the following table:
- Content Director
- Content Developer
- Content Strategist
- Content Management Analyst
- Content Analyst
- Communications and Content Manager
- Content Quality Analyst
- Content Marketing Manager
- Content Manager
- Content Consultant
Get More B2B Content Manager Job Descriptions Inspiration
Writing a compelling job ad can be a challenging task. Besides having to outline the exact duties of the role in question, you also need to emphasize what makes your brand unique to attract more candidates with relevant skill sets. Need some inspiration? Check out some of the examples below:
Hiring Better, More Affordable B2B Content Managers
Workello helps content teams hire better writers more consistently.
- Sign up for Workello
- Confirm your pre-optimized job description, writing assessment, and candidate notifications
- Distribute your Workello job ad across your favorite hiring channels
- Watch candidates stream into your Workello dashboard
- Send pre-hire assessments to promising candidates in one-click
Sign up now and send 5 automated writing tests to Senior Writer candidates for free.
Want More Content About Creating Content?
Our team has built and led a forty five person content team. Learn what we’ve learned.