Content Delivery Manager Job Description
Here’s the Content Delivery Manager job description template we used to scale a content team to 45 writers and editors. Copy the automated hiring funnel we built to find and hire better, more affordable writers—at scale.
- Salary Ranges for Content Delivery Managers
- Customize Your Job Description To Hire the Best Content Delivery Managers
- Similar Roles To Content Delivery Manager
- Our Favorite Content Delivery Manager Job Descriptions
- Hiring Better, More Affordable Content Delivery Managers
- Want More Content About Creating Content?
Content Delivery Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for an experienced Content Delivery Manager to help us achieve our web traffic growth goals by designing, managing, and optimizing our content production pipeline.
To excel in this role, you will need to have a minimum of 5 years in the same or similar roles that revolve around project management.
As a Content Delivery Manager, you will play a key role in ensuring our content publishing goals are met. Together with our SEO Specialists, you will work on creating a publishing calendar.
Your primary duty will be to establish and standardize workflow processes, as well as take ownership of delegating assignments to Content Writers, Editors, and Publishers. You will continually seek to improve our workflow and establish the course of action for backlog scenarios.
Our ideal candidate is ready to lead a growing Content team and proactively seeks improvements in the department structure.
If you become a member of our team, our company will provide you with [list benefits].
- Collaborate with SEO Specialists on a content publishing calendar
- Design, manage, and optimize workflow processes
- Delegate tasks to the members of the Content and Editing teams
- Review our content pipeline and suggest improvements
- Develop strategies for dealing with interruptions in content production
- Optimize content department structure
- Provide feedback to Writers and Editors about meeting deadlines
- Attend online meetings
- A Bachelor’s degree in Management, Communication, or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in project management, preferably in a content management field
- Experience in team management
- Expert knowledge of project management tools
- Exceptional leadership and communication skills
- Experience with designing workflow processes
- Basic knowledge of SEO is a plus
Salary Ranges for Content Delivery Managers
A variety of factors affect the salary of a Content Delivery Manager. Some of these factors include location, experience, level of education, contract length, current job status, etc.
In the United States, Content Delivery Managers’ salaries vary from $43,000 to $205,000. These are average annual salaries, according to Glassdoor:
|San Francisco, CA||$87,000||$135,000||$205,000|
|New York, NY||$61,000||$105,000||$182,000|
|Los Angeles, CA||$59,000||$101,000||$173,000|
|Tampa Bay, FL||$43,000||$77,000||$138,000|
Customize Your Job Description To Hire the Best Content Delivery Managers
You can have access to the best job description templates, but they may still not bring you the desired results if you do not customize them sufficiently.
To attract the best candidates and deter unqualified ones, you need to write a job description that’s as specific as possible and explains the role in many details.
Your job description should consist of all responsibilities that your new employee will have, as well as a list of criteria candidates have to meet to be considered for the job.
The more specific you get, the clearer idea of the role your applicants will have, and many underqualified candidates will get discouraged from applying.
Since Content Delivery Managers are in demand, you should use your job description to make the job opportunity in your company more attractive to high-quality candidates. List any benefits that come with the position, such as salary increase, career advancement opportunities, health plans, and so on.
Similar Roles To Content Delivery Manager
Not sure if a Content Delivery Manager is exactly what you’re looking for? Check out other, similar roles:
- Content Manager
- Content Marketing Manager
- Communications Content Manager
- Senior Content Marketing Manager
- Project Manager for Content
- Content and Communications Manager
- Technical Writing Manager
- Sports Social Content Manager
- Editorial Project Manager
- Editorial Manager
Our job description template database consists of ready-made job descriptions for every position within a content team.
Our Favorite Content Delivery Manager Job Descriptions
Visit the following job boards to find many Content Delivery Manager job description examples and see if you can borrow a few ideas on how to make your job description pop:
Hiring Better, More Affordable Content Delivery Managers
Workello helps content teams hire better writers more consistently.
- Sign up for Workello
- Confirm your pre-optimized job description, writing assessment, and candidate notifications
- Distribute your Workello job ad across your favorite hiring channels
- Watch candidates stream into your Workello dashboard
- Send pre-hire assessments to promising candidates in one-click
Sign up now and send 5 automated writing tests to Political Writer candidates for free.
Want More Content About Creating Content?
Our team has built and led a forty five person content team. Learn what we’ve learned.