Web Content Producer Job Description
Get the Web Content Producer job description template we used to scale a content team to 45 writers and editors. Learn how Workello helps content teams hire higher quality, more affordable writers with less effort.
- Salary Ranges for Web Content Producers
- How To Customize Web Content Producer Job Description to Fit Your Company’s Needs
- Similar Roles To Web Content Producer
- Our Favorite Web Content Producer Job Descriptions
- Hire Qualified Web Content Producers Faster
- Want More Content About Creating Content?
Web Content Producer Job Description Template
Our company is seeking a Web Content Producer to help us with executing our SEO campaigns by writing content and designing and publishing article pages on our website.
This position requires you to have experience in both content writing and content publishing roles, with basic knowledge of SEO and CMS being necessities.
As our Web Content Producer, you will be in charge of writing SEO-friendly articles that follow our brand voice and stylistic guidelines.
Once your articles are QA’d, you will need to publish the article on our website, making sure that the design of web pages meets our standards. This includes using proper images and creating infographics when necessary, as well as adding analytical tools’ trackers.
You will follow our predetermined publishing schedule and update existing pages when the need occurs.
We are looking for a proactive person who seeks ways to improve our content production, both visually and in terms of optimizing our SEO strategies.
Aside from the standard compensation, our company offers [list benefits] to their employees.
- Research, write, and proofread content that adheres to our writing guidelines
- Publish finished articles and design article pages on our website
- Ensure the consistency of content and visual presentation
- Create infographics when necessary
- Update published articles to reflect changes in SEO strategies
- Follow our content publishing calendar
- Use analytical tool trackers to allow our SEO Specialists to measure article performance
- Suggest improvements to our design and SEO practices
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, or a related field
- 3+ years of experience in content writing (portfolio necessary)
- 2+ years of experience in content publishing
- Basic knowledge of SEO
- Advanced knowledge of CMS
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS is a plus
- Familiarity with Photoshop is a plus
- Ability to work independently
Salary Ranges for Web Content Producers
Salaries for Web Content Producers can vary based on their level of education, location, experience, contract length, employment type, and so on.
Here’s what the average annual salaries for Web Content Producers are in different states, according to Glassdoor:
|San Francisco, CA||$56,000||$81,000||$118,000|
|New York, NY||$42,000||$58,000||$80,000|
|Los Angeles, CA||$48,000||$72,000||$107,000|
|Tampa Bay, FL||$36,000||$52,000||$75,000|
How To Customize Web Content Producer Job Description to Fit Your Company’s Needs
If you want to find the most qualified candidates for your company, you need to write a job description that will attract them, while at the same time dissuading unqualified candidates from applying.
No job description will help you get zero applications from unqualified candidates, but a well-written one will reduce their number significantly.
To do that, your job description must be as specific as possible. Go into detail about the requirements that your candidates must meet and list out all responsibilities that come with the position.
Companies have different expectations from Web Content Producers, and you should use your job description to make it clear what the role you’re looking for entails. The more specific you get, the fewer underqualified candidates will try to strike lucky and apply for the position.
You should also think about the title of the role as there are positions that sound similar but are essentially different, such as:
- Web Designer—Candidates of this type usually have extensive coding knowledge. They conceptualize and create layouts for the whole website, not just a visual presentation of an article
- Web Content Writer—These candidates work on writing and editing content for websites. They can create a variety of long-form and short-form articles but don’t deal with publishing the content online
- Web Content Publisher—The position focuses on the publishing part of content production. Their job requires advanced knowledge of SEO and image editing programs
Similar Roles To Web Content Producer
If you’re unsure whether a Web Content Producer is the position you want to hire, check out this list of job descriptions for similar roles that may be a better fit for your organization’s needs:
- Multimedia Content Producer
- Editing Production Manager
- Production Editor
- Senior Content Producer
- Content Producer
- Marketing Content Producer
- Web Content Associate
- Web Content Specialist
- Web Content Editor
- Web Content Publisher
Our Favorite Web Content Producer Job Descriptions
The best way to make your job description unique is to see how others have achieved that before you. You can get inspired by looking at already-published Web Content Producer job ads and seeing what they did that stands out.
The following job boards content some of the best Web Content Producer job description examples:
Hire Qualified Web Content Producers Faster
Workello helps content teams hire better writers more consistently.
- Sign up for Workello
- Confirm your pre-optimized job description, writing assessment, and candidate notifications
- Distribute your Workello job ad across your favorite hiring channels
- Watch candidates stream into your Workello dashboard
- Send pre-hire assessments to promising candidates in one-click
Sign up now and send 5 automated writing tests to Political Writer candidates for free.
Want More Content About Creating Content?
Our team has built and led a forty five person content team. Learn what we’ve learned.