E-commerce Content Writer Job Description
Use the E-commerce Content Writer job description template we built to scale a content team to 45 writers and editors. Building a content team? Join the largest Content Ops community (3,000+ members) on the internet.
- Salary Ranges for E-commerce Content Writers
- Tailor Your Job Ad According to the E-commerce Content Writer You Need
- Similar Roles to E-commerce Content Writer
- Get More E-commerce Content Writer Job Descriptions Inspiration
- Hire E-commerce Content Writers the Right Way
- Want More Content About Creating Content?
E-commerce Content Writer Job Description Template
We are looking for an experienced and dedicated E-commerce Content Writer who can deliver e-commerce content on a daily basis. You will be expected to write engaging blog posts, promotional emails and newsletters, product descriptions, and content for our website. Your main task will be delivering top-notch multifaceted content for products sold on e-commerce websites, retail partner sites, and social media channels. We also expect you to work closely with our Product Managers, Brand Strategists, SEO Experts, Digital Marketers, and Designers to ensure your content is consistent with all brand guidelines.
- Create e-commerce content, such as product descriptions/reviews, buying guides, blog posts, etc.
- Research competitors and industry trends
- Collaborate with Content Editors and SEO Experts to prepare content for publication and maximize the reach and engagement
- Write [number of] e-commerce pieces of content [daily/weekly], including (but not limited to) [trending products/services, lifestyle, and seasonal/event-related] articles
- Improve content performance by tracking and analyzing key metrics related to traffic, orders, net commission, and gross sales
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Marketing, Journalism, or another relevant degree
- [XY] years of experience in content writing for retail/e-commerce
- Fluency in English
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Familiarity with online shopping trends
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment that requires working on more than one project simultaneously
Salary Ranges for E-commerce Content Writers
Salary ranges for E-commerce Content Writers depend on numerous factors, including the writer’s skills, experience, and education. Here’s how the average annual salary of an E-commerce Content Writer varies in different U.S. cities, according to Glassdoor:
City Entry-Level Top 10%
San Francisco, CA $40,000 $136,000
New York, NY $37,000 $105,000
Seattle, WA $43,000 $123,000
Dallas, TX $30,000 $96,000
Los Angeles, CA $33,000 $109,000
Portland, OR $33,000 $99,000
Austin, TX $28,000 $87,000
Atlanta, GA $32,000 $101,000
Nashville, TN $32,000 $76,000
Tampa Bay, FL $30,000 $71,000
Tailor Your Job Ad According to the E-commerce Content Writer You Need
Uncertain of how to write a job description that perfectly sums up your expectations and explains what the role entails? We’re here to provide you with a few excellent tips that will help you tailor your E-commerce Content Writer job ad to the needs of your team.
The crucial part of writing your E-commerce Content Writer job ad is being specific about what content the candidate you’re hiring will have to deliver—articles, product reviews, product descriptions, or all of the above. Going into more detail about the tasks and responsibilities is necessary to help the potential candidate conclude whether they are fit for the role before applying.
To create a job ad that will attract only the ideal candidates, you should also:
- Provide as many details as possible about the benefits—mention specifics about the salary (or at least a salary range), bonuses, paid time off, and other fringe benefits
- List all of the requirements the potential candidate has to meet—specify whether they should have a specific education level or experience with certain CMS software and platforms, like WordPress, Joomla, Shopify, etc.
- Proofread and double-check your job ad to make certain no key information is left out—make sure that your ad is well organized and easy to read
Similar Roles to E-commerce Content Writer
In case you want to fill other vacancies besides an E-commerce Content Writer, we’ll provide you with ready-made job description templates for various other roles. Check out the table below to find more useful templates:
- Director of Content (E-commerce Companies)
- Social Media Content Strategist
- E-commerce Marketing Manager
- Content Writer
- E-commerce Marketing Specialist
- Digital Content Writer
- Content Creator
- Web Merchandising Content Coordinator
- Content Developer
- Web Content Producer
Get More E-commerce Content Writer Job Descriptions Inspiration
Looking for more ideas to write the best E-commerce Content Writer job ad? Here’s a few popular job boards where you can find more job description examples of how other companies sell themselves when hiring for similar roles:
Hire E-commerce Content Writers the Right Way
Workello helps content teams hire better writers more consistently.
- Sign up for Workello
- Confirm your pre-optimized job description, writing assessment, and candidate notifications
- Distribute your Workello job ad across your favorite hiring channels
- Watch candidates stream into your Workello dashboard
- Send pre-hire assessments to promising candidates in one-click
Sign up now and send 5 automated writing tests to Senior Writer candidates for free.
Want More Content About Creating Content?
Our team has built and led a forty five person content team. Learn what we’ve learned.