- Job Description Templates
- Content Team
- E-Commerce Companies’ Director of Content Marketing Job Description
E-Commerce Companies’ Director of Content Marketing Job Description
Here’s the E-Commerce Companies’ Director of Content Marketing job description template we used to scale a content team to 45 writers and editors. Learn how we grew a startup backed by A16 from 0 to 1,000,000 / organics per month.
- Salary Ranges for E-Commerce Companies’ Directors of Content Marketing
- How To Customize the E-Commerce Companies’ Director of Content Marketing Job Description
- Similar Roles to E-Commerce Companies’ Director of Content Marketing
- Get More E-Commerce Companies’ Director of Content Marketing Job Description Inspiration
- Hire Qualified E-Commerce Companies’ Directors of Content Marketing Faster
- Want More Content About Creating Content?
E-Commerce Companies’ Director of Content Marketing Job Description Template
We are looking for an experienced E-Commerce Companies’ Director of Content Marketing to manage our content production on both strategic and operational levels. You will be developing a content production strategy, including editorial standards, making sure they’re aligned with our long-term business goals by supervising the Marketing team, Content Writers, and Editors.
Your objective is to determine whether our content coheres with the tactics for increasing the number of visits to our e-commerce website and enhancing sales. On the operational level, you will be in charge of overseeing the distribution of content and ensuring the quality of product descriptions and other written materials on our e-commerce website by providing editorial guidelines.
Our ideal candidate has at least 5 years of experience in content marketing, is a first-class communicator with strong negotiation skills, and excels in data analysis for extracting relevant information on targeted customer profiles and marketing goals.
- Collaborating with the rest of the Marketing/Content Specialists to organize and develop website marketing plans
- Gathering and analyzing information on customers’ experience
- Coming up with detailed strategies on how to support the launch of new products with the appropriate content
- Overseeing the production of written material on our e-commerce website
- Interacting with other senior staff to enhance content creation practices through frequent reviews of consumer trends
- Bachelor’s degree in Linguistics, Marketing, or Journalism
- 5+ years of experience in content marketing is a must
- Impeccable written and spoken English
- Knowledge of HTML and CMS, such as Drupal or WordPress, is desirable
- Ability to work in and manage a team
Salary Ranges for E-Commerce Companies’ Directors of Content Marketing
Salaries of E-Commerce Companies’ Directors of Content Marketing vary depending on different factors, such as niche, employment location, contract type, and years of experience. The salaries are similar to those of the Directors of Content Marketing. Here’s an approximate overview of the earnings throughout the U.S. based on data from Glassdoor:
|San Francisco, CA||$63,000||$188,000|
|New York, NY||$74,000||$178,000|
|Los Angeles, CA||$66,000||$288,000|
How To Customize the E-Commerce Companies’ Director of Content Marketing Job Description
Using templates to write a job description can be helpful, but bear in mind that you have to consider every aspect of the position you’re offering and alter the verbiage accordingly. Be specific—it will let some potential applicants know that they are lacking the skills that are your topmost requirements. This way, you prevent wasting time going through a number of useless resumes.
There is no formulaic approach you could take to write a perfect job description, so make sure to cover everything candidates are interested in. Content marketing management is a broad field—to learn how to write a job description for any role within this niche, it is of utmost importance to draw the line between potentially similar roles. Note that some of these job titles may also suit your advertised role better as the line between some of the content marketing roles may be blurry. Have a look at these examples:
- Communications Content Manager—Responsible for the management of all content to be released in media and through public messaging platforms—press releases, speech drafts for public appearances of senior staff, social media announcements, etc. This role primarily focuses on ensuring the organization’s public image is preserved as favorable through strategically produced content
- Content Delivery Manager—Ensures content flow is in accordance with schedules. Establishes best practices to achieve timely and consistent workflow but does not have to possess previous marketing experience
- Content Marketing Specialist—This role mostly overlaps with E-Commerce Companies’ Director of Content Marketing but is not limited to e-commerce websites. It entails content management throughout all the channels used for marketing campaigns—SEO, social media, email newsletters, blogs, videos, etc.
Similar Roles to E-Commerce Companies’ Director of Content Marketing
Realized the E-Commerce Companies’ Director of Content Marketing job description template was not what you needed? There are plenty of job description templates at your disposal in our knowledge base—have a look at some of the following:
- Content Marketing Manager
- Senior Content Marketing Manager
- Content Marketing Associate
- Content Marketing Intern
- Content Marketing Specialist
- Marketing Communications Writer
- Communications Content Manager
- Content Delivery Manager
- B2B Content Manager
- Content Operations Manager
- Content Manager and Copywriter
- Content Quality Analyst
Get More E-Commerce Companies’ Director of Content Marketing Job Description Inspiration
To make sure you’re on the right track to attract qualified candidates only, you should search for inspiration through similar job postings. You want to portray your company in the most favorable light, and learning how competitors did it will give you some hints on how to make your offer stand out. Check out the job description examples we found on the following job boards:
Hire Qualified E-Commerce Companies’ Directors of Content Marketing Faster
Workello helps content teams hire better writers more consistently.
- Sign up for Workello
- Confirm your pre-optimized job description, writing assessment, and candidate notifications
- Distribute your Workello job ad across your favorite hiring channels
- Watch candidates stream into your Workello dashboard
- Send pre-hire assessments to promising candidates in one-click
Sign up now and send 5 automated writing tests to Senior Writer candidates for free.
Want More Content About Creating Content?
Our team has built and led a forty five person content team. Learn what we’ve learned.