Editorial Consultant Job Description
Get the Editorial Consultant job description template we used to scale a content team to 45 writers and editors. Learn how Workello helps content teams hire higher quality, more affordable writers with less effort.
- Salary Ranges for Editorial Consultants
- Writing the Perfect Editorial Consultant Job Description for Your Company
- Similar Roles to Consulting Editor
- Get More Editorial Consultant Job Descriptions Inspiration
- Hiring Better, More Affordable [Keyword]s
- Want More Content About Creating Content?
Editorial Consultant Job Description Template
We are looking for an Editorial Consultant to help us increase and maintain the quality of our digital content by reviewing our existing materials and providing helpful recommendations.
As our Editorial Consultant, you will analyze our existing content and ensure consistency in tone, messaging, and brand voice. Your core responsibility will be to provide actionable insight on how to improve the overall quality of our digital content.
You will collaborate with our SEO Specialists to develop a brand voice and stylistic guidelines. You will mentor our Editorial team members and educate them on how to make sure the content they review is in line with the writing standards of our company.
If you join our company, you will receive [list benefits].
- Review our existing content and update it to meet stylistic guidelines and to be consistent in tone of voice
- Collaborate with SEO Specialists on planning and developing a brand voice
- Offer suggestions on how to improve our content quality
- Mentor Editors to ensure consistency in content publishing
- Attend online meetings when necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Marketing, Communication, or a related field
- At least 5 years of Editing experience
- Experience in a consulting role is a plus
- Advanced knowledge of SEO
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
Salary Ranges for Editorial Consultants
Salaries for Editorial Consultants vary based on several factors, such as location, experience, type of content, contract length, and so on.
The table below shows the average Editorial Consultant salary in different cities across the U.S., according to Glassdoor:
City Entry-Level Median Top 10%
San Francisco, CA $33,000 $50,000 $76,000
New York, NY $30,000 $44,000 $65,000
Seattle, WA $31,000 $46,000 $66,000
Dallas, TX $27,000 $38,000 $55,000
Los Angeles, CA $30,000 $47,000 $73,000
Portland, OR $31,000 $46,000 $69,000
Austin, TX $28,000 $40,000 $56,000
Atlanta, GA $27,000 $45,000 $75,000
Nashville, TN $30,000 $43,000 $60,000
Tampa Bay, FL $32,000 $43,000 $59,000
Writing the Perfect Editorial Consultant Job Description for Your Company
It’s impossible to completely avoid unqualified applicants, but you can reduce their number significantly if you write a job description that’s as specific as possible about the role you’re offering.
To do that, you need to go into detail about the responsibility your new employee will have, as well as the requirements candidates must fulfill to be considered for the role. You should also highlight any benefits you offer to attract high-quality Editorial Consultants.
Similar Roles to Consulting Editor
Not sure if you need an Editorial Consultant? Use the table below to find templates for other, similar roles:
- Technical Writing Consultant
- Writing Consultant
- Content Consultant
- Editorial Assistant
- Content Curator
- Content Management Specialist
- Web Content Specialist
- Content Operations Specialist
- Editorial Specialist
- SEO Content Specialist
We have job description templates for every role within a content team.
Get More Editorial Consultant Job Descriptions Inspiration
Checking out how other brands market themselves when recruiting Editorial Consultants can help you promote your company more efficiently to attract the best candidates.
The following websites have some great job description examples you can use:
Hiring Better, More Affordable [Keyword]s
Workello helps content teams hire better writers more consistently.
- Sign up for Workello
- Confirm your pre-optimized job description, writing assessment, and candidate notifications
- Distribute your Workello job ad across your favorite hiring channels
- Watch candidates stream into your Workello dashboard
- Send pre-hire assessments to promising candidates in one-click
Sign up now and send 5 automated writing tests to Political Writer candidates for free.
Want More Content About Creating Content?
Our team has built and led a forty five person content team. Learn what we’ve learned.