Content Operations Specialist Job Description
Get the Content Operations Specialist job description template we used to scale a content team to 45 writers and editors. Learn how Workello helps content teams hire higher quality, more affordable specialists with less effort.
- Salary Ranges for Content Operations Specialists
- Why You Shouldn’t Copy-Paste a Job Description
- Similar Roles to Content Operations Specialists
- Get More Content Operations Specialist Job Descriptions Inspiration
- Hiring Better, More Affordable Content Operations Specialists
- Want More Content About Creating Content?
Content Operations Specialist Job Description Template
We’re hiring a Content Operations Specialist to help us with the day-to-day management of our content projects and campaigns.
In this role, you’ll report to our Director of Content Operations and assist them in executing daily tasks, including managing workflow, assigning tasks to team members, and working with our clients to ensure brand voice consistency.
You’ll be responsible for market and competitor research and will have to oversee the execution of projects and troubleshoot issues along the way.
- Assist in developing a strategy and project life cycle
- Oversee day-to-day content needs of our team
- Communicate with clients over brand voice and tone guidelines
- Oversee the creation of content briefs and guidelines for Writers
- Review the work of the editorial team
- Publish content based on the agreed project calendar on occasion
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Business, or a related field
- 1–3 years of content management or analytics experience
- Experience with content creation is a must
- Working knowledge of WordPress or another CMS
- Experience with web analytics tools
- Time and team management skills
- Experience with project management
Salary Ranges for Content Operations Specialists
Content Operations Specialists earn between $31,000 and $99,000 in the United States. Their salary depends on a variety of factors, such as location, type of employment, experience, industry, etc.
According to Glassdoor, these are the average annual salaries of Content Operations Specialists:
|San Francisco, CA||$41,000||$63,000||$97,000|
|New York, NY||$50,000||$70,000||$99,000|
|Los Angeles, CA||$46,000||$63,000||$87,000|
|Tampa Bay, FL||$31,000||$48,000||$75,000|
Why You Shouldn’t Copy-Paste a Job Description
Copy-pasting a job description may save you time, but it won’t have the desired effect. You need to write a job description that will attract top talent, so being clear on the requirements and responsibilities is crucial.
Content Operations Specialists usually act as Project Managers that work on content-related projects. They assist Managers with the daily workload, acting as a bridge between the management and content teams.
If that’s not what you need, you can hire a similar role, such as:
- Content Strategist—They develop content strategies from scratch to achieve campaign goals based on the company objectives and target audience
- SEO Specialist—They are in charge of all SEO campaigns—their job including topic and keyword selection—and they need to be familiar with the latest SEO practices at all times
Similar Roles to Content Operations Specialists
If you need to hire someone for a role similar to a Content Operations Specialist, check out these job descriptions:
- Web Content Specialist
- Content Management Specialist
- Editorial Specialist
- Content Operations Manager
- Content Specialist
- SEO Content Specialist
- Content Review Specialist
- Content Director
- Writing Specialist
- Content Marketing Specialist
- Editorial Operations
- Content Strategy Director
- Specialist Editor
- Digital Content Specialist
- Content Operations Analyst
- Director of Content and Social Media for SaaS company
Find a job description template for any role you need on your content team.
Get More Content Operations Specialist Job Descriptions Inspiration
If you’re looking for ideas on how to make your job ad stand out, you should look at how other companies go about it. Check out some of the most popular job description examples for the role:
Hiring Better, More Affordable Content Operations Specialists
Workello helps content teams hire better writers more consistently.
- Sign up for Workello
- Confirm your pre-optimized job description, writing assessment, and candidate notifications
- Distribute your Workello job ad across your favorite hiring channels
- Watch candidates stream into your Workello dashboard
- Send pre-hire assessments to promising candidates in one-click
Sign up now and send 5 automated writing tests to Senior Writer candidates for free.
Want More Content About Creating Content?
Our team has built and led a forty five person content team. Learn what we’ve learned.