Content Curator Job Description
Here’s the Content Curator job description template we used to scale a content team to 45 writers and editors. Copy the automated hiring funnel we built to find and hire better, more affordable writers—at scale.
- Content Curator Responsibilities
- Content Curator Requirements
- Salary Ranges for a Content Curator
- How To Customize Your Job Ad to the Type of Content Curator You Need
- Similar Roles to a Content Curator
- Get More Content Curator Job Description Inspiration
- Hiring Better, More Affordable Content Curators
- Want More Content About Creating Content?
Content Curator Job Description Template
We’re looking for a Content Curator to gather relevant digital data, stories, articles, images, and videos for our company’s material. You’ll deliver value and help us build our audience by making the shared content understandable to the average reader.
Our content and digital marketing teams need a person who has experience in online research and curation of digital content, is tech-savvy with different digital platforms, resources, and tools. If you possess this knowledge, we’d like to hear from you!
Content Curator Responsibilities
- Identify and collect suitable digital material from credible online sources
- Validate that the gathered material complies with company’s, industrial, and legal rules by verifying the accuracy and relevance of resources
- Check and update digital assets regularly and, if needed, modify their accessibility and security settings
- Investigate, secure, and properly document permission clearance to publish data, graphics, videos, and other media
- Develop and manage a system for storing and organizing digital material
- Convert collected assets to a different digital format and discard the material that is no longer relevant or needed
- Investigate new trends and tools connected with the generation and curation of digital material
Content Curator Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Data Management, (Digital) Marketing, Journalism, IT, English, or a similar field
- 1+ years of experience in (digital) content curation or a related position
- Experience with:
- Automated curation techniques, including social rating and collaborative filtering
- Using and navigating large curation databases
- Obtaining permission clearance
- Ability to make content decisions even when information is limited, work effectively in a team and autonomously, and implement different projects at once
- Capacity to detect and minimize risks, meet tight deadlines, and prioritize activities
- Excellent communication, organizational, analytical, and technology skills
Salary Ranges for a Content Curator
When preparing a financial offer for your new Content Curator, you need to research the salary ranges in the market.
Keep in mind that you’ll need to adjust the amount to your candidate’s qualifications, experience, location, employment status, and demands.
To get a better understanding, take a look at how the average annual salary of a Content Curator varies across the States, according to Glassdoor:
|San Francisco, CA||$43,000||$70,800||$116,000|
|New York, NY||$39,000||$65,250||$109,000|
|Los Angeles, CA||$32,000||$57,600||$103,000|
|Tampa Bay, FL||$22,000||$35,800||$58,000|
How To Customize Your Job Ad to the Type of Content Curator You Need
When writing a job description for the role of a Content Curator, you need to be specific and transparent about your expectations.
To tailor your ad to your company’s needs, you first need to get familiar with similar yet slightly different roles to the one of a Content Curator:
- Content Creator—This role includes the generation of original content by following clear guidelines and client requirements
- (Digital) Asset Specialist—These professionals supervise asset creation and delivery to business partners by meeting client requirements and deadlines
- Content Editor—They edit articles that Content Creators and Content Writers create. They also upload the final version through a content management system and contribute to content planning
Similar Roles to a Content Curator
If you’re still not sure whether you should hire a Content Curator or should fill another position first, take a look at the following job description templates for similar roles:
- Retail Editor
- Metadata Editor
- Digital Content Specialist
- Digital Asset Content Manager
- Digital Editor
- Digital Content Manager in Sports
- Digital Content Administrator
- Planning Editor
- Academic Journal Editor
- Production Editor
- Quality Assurance Editor
- Developmental Editor
- Financial Editor
- Supervising Editor
Get More Content Curator Job Description Inspiration
To present your brand and company in the best possible light, you should investigate how other businesses advertise their job openings.
Here are some great job description examples you could go through when preparing your job ad for a Content Curator:
Hiring Better, More Affordable Content Curators
Workello helps content teams hire better writers more consistently.
- Sign up for Workello
- Confirm your pre-optimized job description, writing assessment, and candidate notifications
- Distribute your Workello job ad across your favorite hiring channels
- Watch candidates stream into your Workello dashboard
- Send pre-hire assessments to promising candidates in one-click
Sign up now and send 5 automated writing tests to Senior Writer candidates for free.
Want More Content About Creating Content?
Our team has built and led a forty five person content team. Learn what we’ve learned.