Radio Copywriter Job Description Template
We are seeking a Radio Copywriter to create effective copy for radio commercials that will increase our clients’ sales. As our Radio Copywriter, your main obligations will include talking to clients to identify their marketing needs and writing scripts for radio ads that will grab the attention of the audience in less than 30 seconds. You will work closely with our sales department and other team members, oversee voice talent, and participate in the whole production process to ensure all deadlines are met and that all other elements of a radio commercial (e.g., sound effects) are in accordance with the copy you wrote and the message we want to convey.
An ideal candidate for this position needs to have a Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Communications, or a relevant field, outstanding written and verbal communication skills, and prior experience in copywriting.
- Writing short scripts for radio commercials in accordance with clients’ marketing goals
- Researching our target audience and competitors’ products
- Collaborating with other teams to ensure all deadlines are met
- Managing voice talent and participating in the production process to make sure everything is going as planned
- Communicating with clients to pitch new ideas, listen to their feedback, and suggest areas of improvement
- Monitoring campaigns’ development and effectiveness and create reports to present to clients
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Communications, or a relevant field
- 2 years of experience as a Radio Copywriter or a similar role
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- In-depth understanding of what makes an effective and attention-grabbing radio commercial
- Strong ability to conduct research on various topics, products, and trends quickly and meet tight deadlines
Salary Ranges for Radio Copywriters
Salary ranges for Radio Copywriters vary based on numerous factors, such as their previous experience, skills, and location. Consult the table below to see how the average annual earnings of Radio Copywriters vary across the United States, according to Glassdoor:
|San Francisco, CA||$45,000||$74,000||$120,000|
|New York, NY||$47,000||$70,000||$105,000|
|Los Angeles, CA||$40,000||$40,000||$103,000|
|Tampa Bay, FL||$36,000||$48,000||$65,000|
How To Attract the Right Radio Copywriters
Being specific and clear about every detail in your job description is essential if you want to avoid reviewing dozens of resumes from underqualified candidates. Your job ad needs to provide all the necessary information about the responsibilities and requirements, so that prospective candidates can conclude whether they’d be a good fit for the role. Here’s what you should specify in your Radio Copywriter job description:
- Everyday tasks and workload the candidate will be expected to handle
- Any deadlines the candidate will have to meet
- Type of degree the candidate should have
- Years of experience in a similar role
By outlining these details, you’ll attract highly qualified candidates only, which will make the next step in your recruitment process—reviewing resumes and portfolios—much easier.
Complementary Roles to a Radio Copywriter
Is a Radio Copywriter not the only role you want to recruit for? Check out our job description templates for complementary roles and choose the ones you need:
- Beauty Copywriter
- Fashion Copywriter
- Social Media Copywriter
- Direct Marketing Copywriter
- Conversion Copywriter
- Senior Copywriter
- SEO Copywriter
- Freelance Copywriter
- Medical Copywriter
- Junior Copywriter
Get More Radio Copywriter Job Descriptions Inspiration
One of the best ways to attract numerous highly qualified applicants is to emphasize what makes your company unique compared to the competition and what benefits you offer. If you’re not sure how to word your job ad, you can take a look at how other companies promote themselves. Visit the websites listed below to get some inspo by reading a few job description examples:
Hire Qualified Radio Copywriters Faster
Workello helps content teams hire better writers more consistently.
- Sign up for Workello
- Confirm your pre-optimized job description, writing assessment, and candidate notifications
- Distribute your Workello job ad across your favorite hiring channels
- Watch candidates stream into your Workello dashboard
- Send pre-hire assessments to promising candidates in one-click
Sign up now and send 5 automated writing tests to Senior Writer candidates for free.
Want More Content About Creating Content?
Our team has built and led a forty five person content team. Learn what we’ve learned.