Pharma Content Strategist Job Description
Use the Pharma Content Strategist job description template we built to scale a content team to 45 writers and editors. Building a content team? Join the largest Content Ops community (3,000+ members) on the internet.
- Responsibilities of a Pharma Content Strategist in our company include:
- Pharma Content Strategist Job Requirements
- Salary Ranges for Pharma Content Strategists
- How To Add More Value to Your Pharma Content Strategist Job Ad
- Similar Roles to Pharma Content Strategist
- Get More Pharma Content Strategist Job Descriptions Inspiration
- Hire Pharma Content Strategists the Right Way
- Want More Content About Creating Content?
Pharma Content Strategist Job Description Template
[Name of the company] is looking for a Pharma Content Strategist to plan and design relevant content that aligns with the brand and caters to the company’s pharmaceutical clients. As a pharmaceutical content strategist, your role is to do extensive research and use your solid understanding of the pharmaceutical niche to ensure our company’s narrative is tailored to the target audience.
Pharma Content Strategist Job Responsibilities
Responsibilities of a Pharma Content Strategist in our company include:
- Creating and executing innovative and effective content strategies and communication campaigns
- Analyzing the market, competitors, and the needs/preferences of our audience to help our team create relatable and captivating content
- Monitoring the execution of the established plans and strategies
- Deciding on content formats and publishing dates
- Organizing creative feedback meetings with other team members
- Managing the creation of editorial calendars and adhering to the proposed timelines and budgets
Pharma Content Strategist Job Requirements
Here are the requirements you must comply with to apply for this position:
- [Preferred number] years of experience in strategic planning or content creation
- Superior writing, editing, and analytical skills
- Familiarity with the latest pharmaceutical trends
- Strong SEO and SEM skills
- Solid understanding of the way social networks and digital platforms work
- Good sense of organization and time management
- Ability to keep track of details and convey the message of our brand/company to the audience in an understandable way
Salary Ranges for Pharma Content Strategists
Being familiar with annual salary ranges is crucial for deciding how much you should pay your new Pharma Content Strategist.
The salary doesn’t depend on the location only. It also varies based on the employee’s knowledge level, experience, workload, contract specifics, and many more aspects.
The table below shows the amounts entry-level, median, or top 10% Pharma Content Strategists earn in different cities across the USA according to Glassdoor:
|San Francisco, CA||$87,000||$131,000||$197,000|
|New York, NY||$43,000||$79,000||$143,000|
|Los Angeles, CA||$42,000||$73,000||$124,000|
|Tampa Bay, FL||$53,000||$90,000||$151,000|
How To Add More Value to Your Pharma Content Strategist Job Ad
Using a ready-made template is simpler than coming up with your own job description, but you should customize the ad to fit your company’s needs.
To allure suitable candidates for the Pharma Content Strategist position, you must clearly state what you expect from the new employee. Doing this will dissuade the people without the necessary competencies from applying and leave more chances for qualified candidates.
When composing a job description, ensure you:
- Make a clear difference between various Pharma Strategist positions—Think about the type of content strategist you need. Are there any sub-niches the new employee should be familiar with? How wide should the scope of their work be? Consider searching for specific types of specialists, such as:
- Senior Pharma Content Strategists—This type of content strategist works closely with other Strategists and the Director of Strategy on developing the most effective content plans. They usually have a Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communication, or another associated field
- Publishing Strategists—The primary goal of this role is to oversee each stage of pharma content publishing. They should explore the tricks and strategies of other publishers and help content strategists with content production management
- Request a portfolio—Advise the applicants to prove their professional proficiency related to the niche in question by submitting examples of their previous work. If the evidence is satisfactory, you can ask the candidates to tell you more about their prior endeavors and projects in the interview that will follow
Similar Roles to Pharma Content Strategist
Are you not sure whether you need a Content Strategist or another specialist for your team? Check out these guides on similar positions:
- Content Strategist
- Content Director
- Junior Content Strategist
- Content Consultant
- Social Media Content Strategist
- Content Management Specialist
- Content Review Specialist
- Chief Content Officer
- Content Publisher
- Content Strategy Director
Use our job description templates to make a high-level ad for any job position in your content team!
Get More Pharma Content Strategist Job Descriptions Inspiration
There are many compelling ways to create a job ad for the Pharma Content Strategist position, but finding inspiration in other company’s job descriptions is the best option.
Check out how other successful businesses write their ads and get valuable job description examples on the following platforms:
Hire Pharma Content Strategists the Right Way
Workello helps content teams hire better writers more consistently.
- Sign up for Workello
- Confirm your pre-optimized job description, writing assessment, and candidate notifications
- Distribute your Workello job ad across your favorite hiring channels
- Watch candidates stream into your Workello dashboard
- Send pre-hire assessments to promising candidates in one-click
Sign up now and send 5 automated writing tests to Senior Writer candidates for free.
Want More Content About Creating Content?
Our team has built and led a forty five person content team. Learn what we’ve learned.