Content Publisher Job Description
Use the Content Publisher job description template we built to scale a content team to 45 writers and editors. Building a content team? Join the largest Content Ops community (3,000+ members) on the internet.
- Salary Ranges for Content Publishers
- Create a Content Publisher Job Description That Aligns With Your Company Needs
- Similar Roles to Content Publisher
- Get Access to the Best Content Publisher Job Posts Online
- Hiring Better, More Affordable Content Publishers
- Want More Content About Creating Content?
Content Publisher Job Description Template
We are looking for an experienced Content Publisher to lead the execution of content publishing on all digital platforms for our brand. You will be collaborating with a fast-paced team and working in a full-time, remote position.
You will take complete ownership of publishing content and ensure the content publishing strategy yields the desired result. Our ideal candidate must have experience in content planning and working knowledge of web publishing tools. Should be process-driven, grammatically adept, and showcase excellent interpersonal skills. You must also have prior experience in project management to establish efficient publishing workflows.
- Develop and optimize publishing strategies to create, distribute, publish, and optimize content
- Establish a solid content publishing workflow to ensure the agreed-upon publishing velocity
- Oversee the editorial calendar to document projects and manage deadlines
- Liaise with writers and editors on the content to uphold publication standards
- Implement effective tools to streamline the entire digital publishing process
- Edit creative assets (image or text) on the website to improve user experience
- Acquire strong knowledge of site standards, modules, templates, and widgets
- Collaborate with primary stakeholders to increase publishing velocity
- Introduce security measures to protect digital content and prevent illegal usage
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Project Management, or related field
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Writing, editing, and proofreading experience is a must
- Superb organizational skills, with the ability to multitask
- Experience with HTML and Adobe Photoshop a plus
- Proficiency using CMS like WordPress, Magento, etc
- Knowledge of enterprise content security, DRM software, etc
- Must have collaborated with multiple stakeholders
Salary Ranges for Content Publishers
For a full-time position, the compensation for Digital Publishers depends on multiple factors, such as their work experience in the industry, technical skills, and location of the company.
Check out how the annual salary looks across the States, according to Glassdoor:
|San Francisco, CA||$70,000||$1,07,020||$1,64,000|
|New York, NY||$53,000||$93,000||$1,63,000|
|Los Angeles, CA||$48,000||$79,000||$1,30,000|
Create a Content Publisher Job Description That Aligns With Your Company Needs
A well-written job description establishes a solid set of expectations for both the employer and the employee.
Content Publishers work in tangent with digital marketing experts and content creators. A specific job post will include primary tasks that only a Publisher is held accountable for—giving candidates clarity on what precisely is expected of them.
To create a job ad specifically designed for Content Publishers, you must know the difference between three core positions in a content marketing team:
- Content Strategist—Digital marketing specialists who plan, create, and implement a ‘course of action’ for the content that needs to be published
- Content Outreach Specialist—A specialist who identifies key influencers, bloggers, and other partners to promote the company’s content and get it in front of a large audience
- Content Manager—The person responsible for overseeing all aspects of content operations, setting macro and micro goals for a content team, assigning individual tasks,etc.
Similar Roles to Content Publisher
Not sure a Content Publisher is exactly what you need? Check out other content specialists that could be a better fit.
- Content Manager
- Content Management Specialist
- Content Consultant
- Content Strategist
- Content Delivery Manager
- Content Quality Analyst
- Quality Assurance Editor
- Content Developer Job
- Content Marketing Manager
- Content Director
- Chief Content Officer Job
- Content Strategy Director
Check out our job description templates for every role on your content team.
Get Access to the Best Content Publisher Job Posts Online
If you’re looking for inspiration to write the perfect Content Publisher job description, check out these amazing job description examples from leading brands on top recruitment sites.
Hiring Better, More Affordable Content Publishers
Workello helps content teams hire better writers more consistently.
- Sign up for Workello
- Confirm your pre-optimized job description, writing assessment, and candidate notifications
- Distribute your Workello job ad across your favorite hiring channels
- Watch candidates stream into your Workello dashboard
- Send pre-hire assessments to promising candidates in one-click
Sign up now and send 5 automated writing tests to Senior Writer candidates for free.
Want More Content About Creating Content?
Our team has built and led a forty five person content team. Learn what we’ve learned.