Senior Content Producer Job Description
- Salary Ranges for Senior Content Producer
- Personalize Your Senior Content Producer Job Ad To Find Your Ideal Candidate
- Similar Roles to Senior Content Producer
- Get More Senior Content Producer Job Descriptions Inspiration
- Hiring Better, More Affordable Senior Content Producers
- Want More Content About Creating Content?
Senior Content Producer Job Description Template
We are searching for an experienced Senior Content Producer to plan and create content on our digital platforms to promote brand awareness and increase user engagement. Your core responsibility will be overseeing the production of content for a variety of platforms, such as websites, blogs and social media. You will manage the workflow of the team, delegate duties to the junior members, and analyze their performance.
As a senior member of the team, you will be in charge of editing and managing content before its publication. You will also be responsible for setting up workshops to train junior members. As this is a senior role, you need to have at least 4 years of experience working as a Content Producer or any similar role. You also need to have experience with content management, SEO, and HTML.
- Oversee the planning, creation, and publication of digital content
- Assist junior members in publishing and editing content across different digital platforms
- Assign tasks and manage the workload of team members
- Conduct training and workshops to help junior members with content production
- Collaborate with the Project Manager and Social Media Manager to develop an effective digital content strategy
- Plan to optimize digital content to maximize user engagement
- Track and monitor all projects and prepare a report after completion to submit to the management team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, or any other related field
- 4–5 years of experience as a Content Producer or a similar role
- Knowledge of technological and media trends
- Knowledge of SEO and content development
- Experience using HTML and CSS
- Experience editing and proofreading written content
- Expertise in tools like WordPress
Salary Ranges for Senior Content Producer
The average salary of a Senior Content Producer depends on various factors, including years of experience, level of education, and the location of the candidate.
Take a look at the table below to see how the average annual salaries of a Senior Content Producer vary across different cities in the U.S., according to Glassdoor:
City Entry-Level Median Top 10%
San Francisco, CA $67,000 $90,000 $120,000
New York, NY $69,000 $104,000 $156,000
Seattle, WA $103,000 $139,000 $187,000
Dallas, TX $54,000 $85,000 $134,000
Los Angeles, CA $67,000 $96,000 $139,000
Portland, OR $38,000 $60,000 $93,000
Austin, TX $37,000 $65,000 $115,000
Atlanta, GA $39,000 $69,000 $122,000
Nashville, TN $38,000 $49,000 $65,000
Tampa Bay, FL $31,000 $51,000 $84,000
Personalize Your Senior Content Producer Job Ad To Find Your Ideal Candidate
To get the best candidate for the job, you need to write a customized job description that accurately represents their role, responsibilities, and requirements. There are many generic job description templates online, but none of them can specify the exact type of candidate that your company is looking for.
To attract suitable candidates and avoid wasting time sifting through countless resumes, here’s what you should include in your job description:
- An overview of your company and its values
- Exact title of the role
- The responsibilities of the job position
- Specific qualifications and skills that you expect from the candidate
- Any other information that you deem necessary for the candidate to know
Since there are various types of Senior Content Producers, you should be clear about the one that you need to hire.
There are also many roles that might seem similar to a Senior Content Producer but are actually quite different, such as:
- Web Content Producer—In charge of developing and managing the creation of a website
- Video Content Producer—In charge of editing and maintaining video content for online platforms
Similar Roles to Senior Content Producer
Is a Senior Content Producer not what you are looking for? Take a look at other similar roles in the table below:
- Multimedia Content Producer
- Editing Production Manager
- Production Editor
- Web Content Producer
- Content Producer
- Marketing Content Producer
- Web Content Associate
- Web Content Specialist
- Web Content Editor
- Web Content Publisher
If you want to search for other roles to hire, check out our extensive list of job description templates.
Get More Senior Content Producer Job Descriptions Inspiration
Not sure how to stand out among other companies? Check out some job description examples below to get inspiration on how to sell your brand to your ideal candidate:
Hiring Better, More Affordable Senior Content Producers
Workello helps content teams hire better writers more consistently.
- Sign up for Workello
- Confirm your pre-optimized job description, writing assessment, and candidate notifications
- Distribute your Workello job ad across your favorite hiring channels
- Watch candidates stream into your Workello dashboard
- Send pre-hire assessments to promising candidates in one-click
Sign up now and send 5 automated writing tests to Senior Writer candidates for free.
Want More Content About Creating Content?
Our team has built and led a forty five person content team. Learn what we’ve learned.