Content Producer Job Description
Here’s the Content Producer job description template we used to scale a content team to 45 writers and editors. Learn how we grew a startup backed by A16 from 0 to 1,000,000 / organics per month.
Content Producer Job Description Template
We’re looking for an experienced Content Producer to write creative blogs, articles, and other types of digital content following our established methods and branding guidelines.
You’re expected to combine your creative and technical skills to submit first drafts daily. You should also adapt your writing approach depending on the assigned topics and platforms the content will be published on. You will cooperate with our professional editorial team in implementing improvements wherever possible and delivering top-notch publications.
Our ideal candidate should have at least a Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Communications, or any related field.
As a Content Producer, you will be expected to:
- Deliver error-free first drafts on a daily basis
- Apply our technical and stylistic guidelines
- Implement basic search engine optimization (SEO) principles in your writing
- Implement editors’ feedback promptly
- Adapt content to various platforms, such as blogs, websites, social media networks, and more
- Communicate with the managing and editorial team to provide valuable intel during the creation of new marketing campaigns
- Include other multimedia content (photos, videos) in your articles as needed
Our ideal Content Producer candidate should have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in English, Media, Journalism, Communications, or any related field
- At least 3 years of experience in content production
- Basic knowledge of SEO principles
- Experience with MS Office and multimedia software (such as Adobe)
- Previous marketing experience (not required, but considered a plus)
Salary Ranges for Content Producers
A Content Producer’s salary depends on their location, experience, workload, type of employment, type of content they’re delivering, and many other factors.
According to Glassdoor, average salaries for Content Producers across the United States are as follows:
|San Francisco, CA||$52,000||$74,000||$104,000|
|New York, NY||$51,000||$72,000||$102,000|
|Los Angeles, CA||$48,000||$71,000||$107,000|
|Tampa Bay, FL||$36,000||$52,000||$75,000|
How To Tweak Your Content Producer Job Description Template
If your company has relatively small content production requirements, one person will be enough for the task, but what would happen if your workload increases over time? You would have to expand your team and find candidates who specialize in certain areas of content production to meet the businesses’ needs. The best way to approach posting any job ad is to draw up a job description that’s super detailed so you can:
- Save yourself (or your HR department) the trouble of sifting through hundreds of job applications
- Narrow your candidate pool to a handful of the best prospective employees, which will make the interviewing process a lot easier
Check out some of the roles that sound similar to a Content Producer but differ slightly:
- Web Content Creator—This person is responsible for delivering all content visible on a company’s website, including photos, videos, and written content
- Social Media Content Producer—This role refers to content production on popular social media platforms, such as Instagram, Facebook, and TikTok
- Technical Content Creator—This person creates technical documents for the training of future employees
Similar Roles to Content Producer
Is Content Producer not the role you were looking for? Maybe some of these options will fit your team’s and company’s needs better:
- Freelance Writer
- Web Content Producer
- Senior Content Producer
- Creative Content Producer
- Multimedia Content Producer
- Social Media Content Creator
- Content Creator
- Digital Content Writer
- Creative Writer for Entertainment
- Animation Script Writer
- Technical Writer
- Video Game Writer
- Science Writer
- Lifestyle Writer
- Entertainment Writer
You can also check out job description templates for every role on your content team!
Get More Content Producer Job Descriptions Inspiration
Are you still not sure how to approach writing a compelling job ad? To understand what a good job ad looks like, check out some of the job description examples for the same role on:
Hire Content Producers the Right Way
Workello helps content teams hire better writers more consistently.
- Sign up for Workello
- Confirm your pre-optimized job description, writing assessment, and candidate notifications
- Distribute your Workello job ad across your favorite hiring channels
- Watch candidates stream into your Workello dashboard
- Send pre-hire assessments to promising candidates in one-click
Sign up now and send 5 automated writing tests to Senior Writer candidates for free.
Want More Content About Creating Content?
Our team has built and led a forty five person content team. Learn what we’ve learned.