Multimedia Content Producer Job Description
Get the Multimedia Content Producer job template we used to scale a content team to 45 writers and editors. Learn how Workello helps content teams hire higher quality, more affordable writers with less effort.
- Salary Ranges for Multimedia Content Producers
- Customize Your Job Description and Attract the Multimedia Content Producers You’re Looking For
- Similar Roles to Multimedia Content Producer
- Our Favorite Multimedia Content Producer Job Descriptions
- Hire Qualified Multimedia Content Producers Faster
- Want More Content About Creating Content?
Multimedia Content Producer Job Description Template
We’re looking for an experienced Multimedia Content Producer to join our growing Content team. As our MCP, you will play a critical role in growing our website traffic and online presence by creating written, video, and audio content that go in line with our content strategies and stylistic guidelines.
To be considered for this role, you need to have at least 3 years of experience in Multimedia Content Production. Experience with our industry is a plus but not mandatory. You will need to provide a portfolio of published work and demonstrate the ability to produce high-quality content in various forms.
We expect the new employee to be able to write compelling website copy, SEO-friendly articles, and video scripts.
You will also provide the audio for our videos and webinars. You will be in charge of creating video content in its entirety—from planning and pre-production to delivery.
Our company offers [list benefits] to its employees.
- Produce written content, including articles, social media posts, advertisements, and video scripts
- Participate in all phases of video production from conception to delivery
- Provide audio for videos and show up in them when necessary
- Ensure all your content is in line with our project goals and stylistic guidelines
- Explore additional multimedia opportunities and suggest changes
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, or a related field
- 3+ years in Multimedia Content Production
- Experience in [industry] is a plus
- A portfolio of published work
- Experience with creating video and audio content
- Experience with Content Writing
- Basic knowledge of SEO
- Basic knowledge of audio and photo editing tools is a plus
- Experience with storyboarding and project management
- Strong communication skills
- Exceptional oral and written English skills
- Passionate about content production and looking to learn
- Attention to detail
Salary Ranges for Multimedia Content Producers
Salaries for Multimedia Content Producers depend on many factors, such as experience, location, type of content, contract length, and so on.
According to Glassdoor, the average annual salaries of Multimedia Content Producers in the U.S. are as follows:
City Entry-Level Median Top 10%
San Francisco, CA $65,000 $92,000 $131,000
New York, NY $52,000 $72,000 $100,000
Seattle, WA $50,000 $73,000 $109,000
Dallas, TX $44,000 $65,000 $96,000
Los Angeles, CA $49,000 $73,000 $110,000
Austin, TX $31,000 $47,000 $74,000
Atlanta, GA $35,000 $52,000 $78,000
Customize Your Job Description and Attract the Multimedia Content Producers You’re Looking For
Whenever you post a job listing, you’ll receive applications from unqualified candidates no matter what you do—they’re inevitable. Still, that doesn’t mean you need to clog your hiring funnel with unwanted candidates. If you write your job description properly, you can reduce their number significantly.
To do that, you need to have a job description that’s as specific as possible about the role you’re offering. You need to go into detail about the responsibilities your new employee will have, and you also need to list out all requirements you need your candidates to fulfill for you to consider them.
This is a sure-fire way to reduce the number of unqualified candidates as it will be obvious to many of them that there’s little point in applying. At the same time, the best candidates will have a clear idea of what the role you’re offering entails.
You should also highlight any benefits that come with the job so that top performers get sucked in and don’t go for a position in another company.
It’s also important to use the proper title, as there are many roles that sound similar but are essentially different, such as:
- Web Content Producer—This role specializes in written content. Web Content Producers have advanced knowledge of SEO and are experts in article writing. Exceptional spoken English is not a necessary trait
- Creative Content Producer—Focuses on producing creative content to sell a company’s brand or product/service. This includes radio, TV, or digital video content
Similar Roles to Multimedia Content Producer
Not sure you want to hire a Multimedia Content Producer? Check out templates for similar roles:
- Web Content producer
- Content Manager
- Content Producer
- Senior Content Producer
- Content Developer
- Website Content Writer
- Social Media Editor
- Content Consultant
- Content Marketing Associate
- Content Uploader
Workello’s database contains pre-vetted job description templates for every content team role you can use for free!
Our Favorite Multimedia Content Producer Job Descriptions
If you’re looking for ways to personalize your job ad and better sell your company to potential candidates, you can always check out other job descriptions and see how your competitors did it.
Use the following websites to find many Multimedia Content Producer job description examples:
Hire Qualified Multimedia Content Producers Faster
Workello helps content teams hire better writers more consistently.
- Sign up for Workello
- Confirm your pre-optimized job description, writing assessment, and candidate notifications
- Distribute your Workello job ad across your favorite hiring channels
- Watch candidates stream into your Workello dashboard
- Send pre-hire assessments to promising candidates in one-click
Sign up now and send 5 automated writing tests to Political Writer candidates for free.
Want More Content About Creating Content?
Our team has built and led a forty five person content team. Learn what we’ve learned.