E-Commerce Editor Job Description
Get the E-Commerce Editor job description template we used to scale a content team to 45 writers and editors. Learn how Workello helps content teams hire higher quality, more affordable writers with less effort.
- Salary Ranges for E-Commerce Editors
- Make Your E-Commerce Editor Job Description As Specific As Possible
- Similar Roles to E-Commerce Editor
- Get More E-Commerce Editor Job Description Inspiration
- Hiring Better, More Affordable E-Commerce Editors
- Want More Content About Creating Content?
E-Commerce Editor Job Description Template
We’re looking for a driven E-Commerce Editor with at least 3 years of experience in the field.
As a member of our team, you should be an outstanding Editor, with the ability to recognize the tiniest of grammatical mistakes and inconsistencies in brand voice.
You will also need to optimize our content to make it more SEO-friendly. A part of your job will be mentoring our Writers and helping them overcome repetitive mistakes.
We need an Editor who is well-versed in the world of e-Commerce and can hit the ground running without a long onboarding process and introduction to commercial content guidelines.
Our company aims to deliver targeted, error-free content that will drive customers to take action—you will be a key cog in that content wheel!
- Edit and fact-check articles from our content team
- Optimize content so that it follows all stylistic guidelines
- Mentor Content Writers
- Work with other members of the editorial team
- Look for ways to improve calls to action
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Marketing, or a related field
- 3+ years of content management or analytics experience
- Proven experience with e-Commerce content editing (portfolio required)
- Experience as a Content Writer
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently and in a team
- Superior communication and mentorship skills
Salary Ranges for E-Commerce Editors
E-Commerce Editor salaries can vary significantly due to a number of deciding factors, including location, contract length, type of employment, company size, etc.
In the United States, E-Commerce Editors earn from $27,000 to $154,000. Here are the average salaries per year, according to Glassdoor:
|San Francisco, CA||$45,000||$83,000||$154,000|
|New York, NY||$37,000||$63,000||$109,000|
|Los Angeles, CA||$35,000||$56,000||$90,000|
|Tampa Bay, FL||$29,000||$51,000||$90,000|
Make Your E-Commerce Editor Job Description As Specific As Possible
If you want to attract the best applicants, you will need to write a job description that details what exactly you are looking for.
The more precise your job description is, the more quality applications you’ll receive. You should list out every requirement and responsibility you can think of.
Labeling the role properly is also an important step. Some roles are similar to E-Commerce Editors but have different duties, such as:
- Web Content Editor—They deal with any type of web content, primarily blog posts and other types of articles. Web Content Editors usually focus on SEO principles rather than conversion strategies implemented in the content
- Fashion Editor—They edit fashion-related e-Commerce content that strives to promote and sell clothing. The role requires knowledge of and passion for clothing and new fashion trends
Similar Roles to E-Commerce Editor
Check out job description templates for other roles similar to E-Commerce Editors:
- Research Editor
- Commerce Editor
- Scientific Editor
- Digital Editor
- Copy Editor
- Planning Editor
- Medical Editor
- Legal Editor
- Magazine Editor
- Academic Journal Editor
- Metadata Editor
- Culture Editor
- Retail Editor
- Social Media Editor
With our job description template database, you can save time and hire employees for every role your content team needs.
Get More E-Commerce Editor Job Description Inspiration
If you’re having difficulty figuring out how to make a job ad that will sell your brand to potential employees, you may find inspiration in job descriptions written by other companies. You can find various job description examples on the following pages:
Hiring Better, More Affordable E-Commerce Editors
Workello helps content teams hire better writers more consistently.
- Sign up for Workello
- Confirm your pre-optimized job description, writing assessment, and candidate notifications
- Distribute your Workello job ad across your favorite hiring channels
- Watch candidates stream into your Workello dashboard
- Send pre-hire assessments to promising candidates in one-click
Sign up now and send 5 automated writing tests to Senior Writer candidates for free.
Want More Content About Creating Content?
Our team has built and led a forty five person content team. Learn what we’ve learned.