Content Uploader Job Description
Get the Content Uploader job description template we used to scale a content team to 45 writers and editors. Learn how Workello helps content teams hire higher quality, more affordable writers with less effort.
- Salary Ranges for Content Uploaders
- How To Modify Your Content Uploader Job Description To Get the Right Applicants
- Similar Roles to Content Uploader
- Create a Persuasive Job Ad by Looking Up Other Content Uploader Job Descriptions
- Hire Qualified Content Uploaders Faster
- Want More Content About Creating Content?
Content Uploader Job Description Template
[Company] is looking for an experienced Content Uploader to join our content team and prepare digital content for upload based on fixed schedules. The key responsibility is to sort and upload new content and update the existing pieces while ensuring proper formatting. To do so in accordance with our objectives and come up with content schedules, you will be cooperating with the rest of the team, including Project Managers, Editors, Content Writers, Graphic Designers, and Web Developers.
Our ideal candidate has outstanding organizational skills, is adaptable and ready to collaborate closely with colleagues of different backgrounds, has proven experience in writing and/or editing, and has hands-on experience with Content Management Systems (CMS), such as WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, or other.
- Developing and maintaining an up-to-date database of our website content, ensuring the properly paced flow of new written materials and adjusting the existing ones
- Collaborating with the content team to develop content-planning strategies
- Sorting and uploading written content in accordance with the deadlines
- Designing content templates and assisting Content Writers in their use
- Collaborating with Graphic Designers and Web Developers to maintain the appearance of the website and incorporate written materials properly
- Creating content upload instructions for our guideline database
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field or Bachelor’s degree in Linguistics accompanied with the relevant role-specific web development knowledge/experience
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- Proven experience in performing similar tasks
- Experience with WordPress, Webflow, Weebly, or other website builders
- Working knowledge of image-editing software, such as Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop, is desirable
Salary Ranges for Content Uploaders
Before you create a job description to find a Content Uploader matching your requirements, refer to the table below to learn how salaries vary throughout the country based on a number of factors. Some of these are industrial niche, experience, the candidate’s skill set, the complexity of daily tasks, the contract type you’re offering, etc.
We obtained the following data from Glassdoor:
|San Francisco, CA||$70,000||$164,000|
|New York, NY||$53,000||$163,000|
|Los Angeles, CA||$48,000||$130,000|
How To Modify Your Content Uploader Job Description To Get the Right Applicants
If you’re not sure how to write a job description, a template might come in handy, but remember that you have to adjust it to your actual needs. Setting clear expectations is of utmost importance—you should introduce your business without fluffy descriptions, reducing the responsibilities of the Content Uploader to the essentials.
As for the requirements, remember that while the candidate won’t be writing the posts, they should have a clear understanding of what elements make a post engaging. If there are prerequisites that are essential for a candidate to be considered for the position, state them clearly.
Mention all the perks—let the candidates know why your company is better than any other they’ve stumbled upon. Ambiguous statements will most likely persuade the unqualified applicants to apply as well, which is what you’d like to avoid.
Similar Roles to Content Uploader
If your organization is expanding and you need qualified candidates for similar roles, check out some of our other job description templates:
- Web Content Associate
- Web Content Coordinator
- Web Content Publisher
- Web Content Administrator
- Digital Content Publisher
- Publishing Junior Editor
- Content Publisher
- Planning Editor
- Digital Editor
- Commerce Editor
- Associate Editor
- Web Content Analyst
Create a Persuasive Job Ad by Looking Up Other Content Uploader Job Descriptions
Looking for inspiration for your Content Uploader job description? One of the best ways to find the right candidates is learning from other organizations and their recruitment strategies. By getting this kind of insight, you learn how to make your ad stand out.
Here are some of the job description examples to check out:
Hire Qualified Content Uploaders Faster
Workello helps content teams hire better writers more consistently.
- Sign up for Workello
- Confirm your pre-optimized job description, writing assessment, and candidate notifications
- Distribute your Workello job ad across your favorite hiring channels
- Watch candidates stream into your Workello dashboard
- Send pre-hire assessments to promising candidates in one-click
Sign up now and send 5 automated writing tests to Senior Writer candidates for free.
Want More Content About Creating Content?
Our team has built and led a forty five person content team. Learn what we’ve learned.