Podcast Editor Job Description
Get the Podcast Editor job description template we used to scale a content team to 45 writers and editors. Learn how Workello helps content teams hire higher quality, more affordable writers with less effort.
Podcast Editor Job Description Template
We are searching for a talented Podcast Editor to join our company. Your primary tasks will include transcribing audio files and making articles out of them.
As a Podcast Editor, you will be responsible for transcribing a podcast, creating an article out of it, and making the content SEO-friendly. You will also collaborate with the graphics team to add illustrations and images to the article to make it more user-friendly.
Editing experience, especially in the relevant field, is a must to be successful in this role.
- Transcribe podcasts and audio files
- Create and edit an article out of the podcast
- Use SEO best practices to rank the articles higher in SERPs
- Review articles before publishing
- Collaborate with other team members to create the best articles possible
- Degree in English, Journalism, Marketing, or other related field
- At least 1–2 years of experience as an Editor or a similar role
- Excellent editing and proofreading skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple tasks at once
Salary Ranges for Podcast Editors
Salaries for Podcast Editors are not the same everywhere. They earn different salaries depending on their location, education, qualifications, and the responsibilities they are expected to take on. Check out the table below to see how a Podcast Editor’s salary differs in various cities in the United States:
|San Francisco, CA||$44,000||$70,000||$111,000|
|New York, NY||$43,000||$69,000||$111,000|
|Los Angeles, CA||$35,000||$61,000||$105,000|
|Tampa Bay, FL||$31,000||$49,000||$77,000|
How To Customize a Job Ad To Find the Ideal Podcast Editor
Creating an ambiguous job description won’t land you the candidate you’re looking for. It is imperative that you write a job description that is as specific as possible so that only the right and the most qualified candidates apply for the job. While a Podcast Editor works on creating articles out of podcast episodes, a Video/Audio Podcast Editor is responsible for audio and video editing and splicing. To avoid any confusion, you should customize your ad and be precise.
An ideal Podcast Editor needs to be skilled in written and verbal English to be able to transcribe podcasts and audio files and create articles out of the text. They also need to have good editing and proofreading skills to catch any errors in the articles. Mentioning that you also want a candidate who is familiar with SEO and keyword research will be advantageous since they will know how to rank your articles higher.
If you don’t customize a job description, you risk facing the following:
- You will waste valuable time sifting through thousands of resumes
- Most candidates will not have the qualifications you need
- Your ideal candidate will not apply because the job post is unclear
Similar Roles to Podcast Editor
If your company needs more Editors to join the team, take a look at the table below for job description templates you can use:
- Social Media Editor
- Managing Editor
- Production Editor
- Digital Editor
- Magazine Editor
- Quality Assurance Editor
- Research Editor
- Subtitle Editor
- Editorial Intern
- Assistant Editor
- Associate Editor
Check out our job description templates for every role you need.
Get More Podcast Editor Job Descriptions Inspiration
If you can’t figure out how to draft a Podcast Editor job description, check out how other brands are selling themselves. Study their job descriptions and use them as inspiration for creating a unique ad.
Here are some great job description examples you can use to hire the most qualified candidates for your Podcast Editor job position:
Hiring Better, More Affordable Podcast Editors
Workello helps content teams hire better writers more consistently.
- Sign up for Workello
- Confirm your pre-optimized job description, writing assessment, and candidate notifications
- Distribute your Workello job ad across your favorite hiring channels
- Watch candidates stream into your Workello dashboard
- Send pre-hire assessments to promising candidates in one-click
Sign up now and send 5 automated writing tests to Senior Writer candidates for free.
Want More Content About Creating Content?
Our team has built and led a forty five person content team. Learn what we’ve learned.