Quality Assurance Editor Job Description
Here’s the Quality Assurance Editor job description template we used to scale a content team to 45 writers and editors. Copy the automated hiring funnel we built to find and hire better, more affordable writers—at scale.
- Salary Ranges for Quality Assurance Editors
- Customize Your Quality Assurance Editor Job Ad Based on the Competencies You Seek
- Similar Roles to Quality Assurance Editor
- Get More Quality Assurance Editor Job Description Inspiration
- Hiring Better, More Affordable Quality Assurance Editors
- Want More Content About Creating Content?
Quality Assurance Editor Job Description Template
We’re seeking a Quality Assurance Editor for our content team! You will support a team of writers and editors by monitoring each stage of content creation and checking the quality of the finished pieces of content. As a QA Editor, you must be talented at noticing details and identifying the mistakes that other editors have missed.
The role involves collaboration with other team members, including Project Managers, Instructional Designers, Writers, and Editors.
- Making sure the content meets the desired quality standards by checking the style, tone, structure, grammar, and other important aspects of each text match the clients’ needs
- Examining the relevance and accuracy of the sources used in the content creation
- Improving the company’s content management methods and coming up with new, top-grade solutions for enhancing new and existing strategies
- Meeting QA task deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Journalism, or any other similar discipline
- Three to five years of editing and proofreading experience
- Willingness to get familiar with different style manuals
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Ability to work without supervision
Salary Ranges for Quality Assurance Editors
The salary of a Quality Assurance Editor depends on many factors. These include knowledge level, prior experience, location, industry, and employment specifics. If you want to know how much these experts earn in specific cities within the U.S. according to Glassdoor, check out the following table:
|San Francisco, CA||$53,000||$80,000||$123,000|
|New York, NY||$49,000||$72,000||$107,000|
|Los Angeles, CA||$40,000||$62,000||$98,000|
|Tampa Bay, FL||$38,000||$59,000||$91,000|
Customize Your Quality Assurance Editor Job Ad Based on the Competencies You Seek
Writing as specific a job description as possible is of utmost importance for hiring the right people for the Quality Assurance Editor position. If the candidates fail to understand what the role you are looking for is about, they may apply for the job even if their skills don’t match the preferable competencies. This may lead to reviewing dozens or even hundreds of applications submitted by unqualified people.
It’s vital to make a clear difference between the Quality Assurance Editor role and other similar positions.
- QA Editors are process-oriented. They use specific procedures to check if the company’s products comply with the proposed quality standards during their development
- Quality Control Editors checkup on ready-made products by detecting technical errors and other failure points that must be fixed
- Quality Assurance and Proofreaders perform similar tasks as QA editors but are also focused on identifying and correcting mistakes in materials created by writers and revised by editors
Similar Roles to Quality Assurance Editor
If you realize you aren’t looking for a Quality Assurance Editor but other similar expert, you might be interested in checking out other editor job description templates we have in store:
- Legal Editor
- Production Editor
- Associate Editor
- Scientific Editor
- Social Media Editor
- Research Editor
- Retail Editor
- Assistant Managing Editor
- Metadata Editor
- Subtitle Editor
- Editorial Consultant
- Editorial Intern
- Special Projects Editor
- Commerce Editor
- Supervising Editor
Get More Quality Assurance Editor Job Description Inspiration
Do you still need help with creating a perfect Quality Assurance Editor job ad? Check out some job description examples other companies have come up with and get some fresh ideas! Find them by exploring:
Hiring Better, More Affordable Quality Assurance Editors
Workello helps content teams hire better writers more consistently.
- Sign up for Workello
- Confirm your pre-optimized job description, writing assessment, and candidate notifications
- Distribute your Workello job ad across your favorite hiring channels
- Watch candidates stream into your Workello dashboard
- Send pre-hire assessments to promising candidates in one-click
Sign up now and send 5 automated writing tests to Political Writer candidates for free.
Want More Content About Creating Content?
Our team has built and led a forty five person content team. Learn what we’ve learned.