Sr. Web Content Manager Job Description
We scaled a team from 1 to 45 top-performers in 18 months. The #1 lever to hiring better, more affordable Senior Web Content Managers is evaluating more candidates.
Don’t let your hiring process deteriorate into an unorganized mess as you scale your business. Learn how to set up an automated hiring funnel with Workello and cut hiring costs in half!
Sr. Web Content Manager Job Description Template
We are looking for a Senior Web Content Manager to join our content marketing team and improve our efforts to enhance user experience, encourage content engagement, and increase conversion rates. This role will put you in charge of designing our overall content strategy, overseeing the production of content for our website, and managing a team of content creators.
Our ideal candidate will have significant experience with content management systems and a background in content management, digital marketing, or other related fields.
- Determining the type, quality, and quantity of content for the website, while maintaining a rich content calendar
- Working with creators to produce content while staying on brand and ensuring consistency in style, messaging, and appearance of our published pieces
- Monitoring website metrics and content performance using Google Analytics, Fathom Analytics, or similar tools to create reports on the success of our campaigns
- Coaching junior team members
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Journalism, or a related field
- 3+ years of experience as a Content Manager
- Experience in copywriting, content production, digital marketing, or another related field
- Knowledge of content management systems (CMS), such as WordPress, Joomla, Magento, etc.
- Knowledge of Search Engine Optimization and Paid Search tactics are preferred
- Experience in project management and basic knowledge of HTML are a plus
Salary Ranges for Sr. Web Content Managers
Average salaries for the position of a Senior Web Content Manager tend to vary depending on the candidate’s work experience, qualifications, market rates, and location. According to Glassdoor, these are average salaries for this position across the U.S.:
|San Francisco, CA||$63,000||$108,396||$188,000|
|New York, NY||$58,000||$105,669||$192,000|
|Los Angeles, CA||$46,000||$85,093||$158,000|
Similar Roles to Senior Web Content Manager
Although our Senior Web Content Manager job description template is a good starting point, you need to adapt it to meet your company’s needs. When you write a job description, you need to include all the critical information regarding the qualifications and experience you want applicants to possess. That is the way to deter unqualified and unsuitable candidates from applying and save time when reviewing received applications. Similar Roles to Sr. Web Content Manager
Given that there are roles that sound similar to a Senior Web Content Manager, it is essential to learn the differences between them and adjust your job ad accordingly. Carefully analyze the needs of your team and check out how these roles differ from a Senior Web Content Manager:
- Web Content Publisher—Primarily focuses on preparing and publishing new content or updating and maintaining existing content on various platforms. This is a more technical role and requires more practical knowledge of web design or CMS tools like WordPress, Shopify, etc.
- Web Content Specialist—The difference between a Senior Web Content Manager and a Web Content Specialist is in seniority. In smaller companies Sr. Web Content Manager will typically do this person’s job
- Web Content Administrator—Focuses on functionality and optimization of the website
If you are looking to expand your content development team with more complementary positions, check out more of Workello’s job description templates:
- Content Management System Administrator
- Social Media Content Creator
- Content Creator
- Content Quality Analyst
- Head of Content
- SEO Content Manager
- Content Management Specialist
- Multimedia Content Producer
- Digital Content Coordinator
- Content Analyst
Get More Senior Web Content Manager Job Description Inspiration
One of the best ways to write a job description that will attract excellent candidates is to look at the tactics and methods that your competitors are using. Look at the actual job advertisements for the position of a Senior Web Content Manager posted on some of the reputable job boards and use them as job description examples. Here are some websites you can explore:
Hire Expert Senior Web Content Managers Faster
Workello helps content teams hire better writers more consistently.
- Sign up for Workello
- Confirm your pre-optimized job description, writing assessment, and candidate notifications
- Distribute your Workello job ad across your favorite hiring channels
- Watch candidates stream into your Workello dashboard
- Send pre-hire assessments to promising candidates in one-click
Sign up now and send 5 automated writing tests to Senior Writer candidates for free.
Want More Content About Creating Content?
Our team has built and led a forty five person content team. Learn what we’ve learned.