Fashion Writer Job Description Template
We are looking for a Fashion Writer to join our digital content production team. As a Fashion Writer, you will write industry news stories relevant to our audience, as well as blog articles related to fashion.
To succeed in this role, you have to be passionate about fashion and have experience with writing clear and engaging content. You will be expected to create content according to our content guidelines and implement the best SEO practices.
You will collaborate with our Editors, who will provide feedback on your articles and suggest improvements. The ideal candidate follows the world of fashion closely and will suggest writing topics.
If you join our company, you will receive [list benefits].
- Research, write, and proofread fashion-related content
- Ensure your content is free of grammatical, formatting, and factual errors
- Use stylistic guidelines and make sure your content is SEO-friendly
- Employ changes suggested by Editors
- Stay up-to-date with fashion trends and suggest new topics
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Journalism, or a related field
- 4+ years of experience in fashion writing
- A portfolio of fashion-related content
- Excellent written and spoken English skills
- A passion for the fashion industry
- Excellent self-management skills
- Basic knowledge of SEO
Salary Ranges for Fashion Writers
According to Glassdoor, the average annual salary for Fashion Writers is $53,996. The compensation for Fashion Writers depends on several factors, such as location, candidate’s experience, and contract length.
The salaries for Fashion Writers across the United States are as follows:
City Entry-Level Median Top 10%
San Francisco, CA $40,000 $73,000 $136,000
New York, NY $37,000 $62,000 $105,000
Seattle, WA $43,000 $72,000 $123,000
Dallas, TX $30,000 $54,000 $96,000
Los Angeles, CA $33,000 $60,000 $109,000
Portland, OR $33,000 $57,000 $99,000
Austin, TX $28,000 $50,000 $87,000
Atlanta, GA $32,000 $57,000 $101,000
Nashville, TN $32,000 $49,000 $76,000
Tampa Bay, FL $30,000 $46,000 $71,000
Getting the Right Fashion Writer for Your Company
Hiring the best Fashion Writers available requires a specific job description. When you write a job description, you must specify exactly what the role entails in terms of requirements and responsibilities.
You should also point out what type of content they will create and what fashion niche they should be knowledgeable about.
The best Fashion Writers have dozens of companies to choose from, and you should use the job description to attract them to work in your company. Highlight any benefits that come with the job to motivate top performers to apply.
Paying attention to the specific skills and experience is important since different types of writers may consider applying for the role. Consider the small but essential differences between the following roles and a Fashion Writer:
- Fashion Copywriters—Create marketing copy for fashion brands or retailers that focuses on selling merchandise
- Fashion Catalog Writers—Create product descriptions for fashion retail catalogs or websites instead of informational articles or sales copy
Similar Roles to Fashion Writer
If a Fashion Writer is not what you are looking for, check out some of the following roles instead:
- Catalog Writer
- Lifestyle Writer
- Editorial Writer
- Fashion Copywriter
- Beauty Copywriter
- Magazine Writer
- E-commerce Content Writer
- Arts and Entertainment Writer
- Blog Writer
- Social Media Content Creator
- Multimedia Writer
- Ghost Writer
- Content Writer
- Affiliate Marketing Content Writer
- Entertainment Writer
You can use our database to find job description templates for any content team role.
Get More Fashion Content Writer Job Descriptions Inspiration
Struggling to write the part of the job description that focuses on your brand? You can use job ads from other companies to see how they did it.
Check out these websites with the best Fashion Writer job description examples:
Hire Fashion Writers the Right Way
Workello helps content teams hire better writers more consistently.
- Sign up for Workello
- Confirm your pre-optimized job description, writing assessment, and candidate notifications
- Distribute your Workello job ad across your favorite hiring channels
- Watch candidates stream into your Workello dashboard
- Send pre-hire assessments to promising candidates in one-click
Sign up now and send 5 automated writing tests to Senior Writer candidates for free.
Want More Content About Creating Content?
Our team has built and led a forty five person content team. Learn what we’ve learned.