Web Content Coordinator Job Description
Get the Web Content Coordinator job description template we used to scale a content team to 45 writers and editors. Learn how Workello helps content teams hire higher quality, more affordable writers with less effort.
- Salary Ranges for Web Content Coordinators
- Can’t Find the Right Candidate For Your Web Content Coordinator Position? Here’s What You Should Do
- Similar Roles to Web Content Coordinators
- Get More Web Content Coordinator Job Descriptions Inspiration
- Hire Qualified Web Content Coordinators Faster
- Want More Content About Creating Content?
Web Content Coordinator Job Description Template
We are in need of an attentive and productive Web Content Coordinator to help us develop an undeniably engaging online presence and make our website an interesting and educational source of information for everyone who visits it.
- Build and manage a long-term content schedule
- Review and edit content prior to publishing
- Monitor and update our website’s static pages when necessary
- Analyze links and content to make sure the info we provide is accurate and easily understandable
- Track and improve key benchmarks for website performance (i.e., bounce rate)
- Identify new opportunities to expand our website based on business growth and adaptations
- Develop and launch landing pages associated with ongoing, short-term marketing initiatives
- Test and track the efficacy of custom links
- 3–5 years of experience in web-content-related roles
- Skill with modern web hosting platforms (WordPress, Squarespace, etc.)
- Knowledge of leading web hosting plug-ins and how they can be applied to our content processes
- Extensive knowledge of SEO practices
- Familiarity with modern web content models (They Ask, You Answer, Direct Response, etc.)
Salary Ranges for Web Content Coordinators
According to Glassdoor, Web Content Coordinators earn an average of $48, 276 in annual wages. How much you should expect to pay your Web Content Coordinator depends on numerous factors, including a candidate’s level of experience, education, skills, location, and similar. The following table shows salary ranges for Web Content Coordinators throughout the U.S.:
|San Francisco, CA||$40,000||$62,000||$100,000|
|New York, NY||$35,000||$57,000||$92,000|
|Los Angeles, CA||$28,000||$38,000||$53,000|
|Tampa Bay, FL||$31,000||$41,000||$56,000|
Can’t Find the Right Candidate For Your Web Content Coordinator Position? Here’s What You Should Do
If you want to find the right person for the job, you need to be as specific as possible when composing your job description. You should spell out the exact tasks the role in question will have to perform and specify the skills or degree they must possess to qualify.
There are many roles involved in the process of producing, reviewing, and publishing web content. That’s why it’s critical for you to carefully evaluate your business needs and ensure you’re seeking candidates with the correct competencies and experience.
Consider how certain duties of the following positions overlap with those of a Web Content Coordinator:
- Web Content Producer—Responsible for the direct development of the content that the Web Content Coordinator would coordinate at a higher level in the content workflow
- Web Merchandising Coordinator—Specifically deals with the management of content specific to merchandising initiatives (i.e., presenting a company’s products or services in an attractive and engaging manner)
- Content Delivery Manager—Responsible for managing the timeliness of the delivery of all types of content, rather than those specific to a company’s website and blog
Similar Roles to Web Content Coordinators
If you realize a Web Content Coordinator isn’t the position you want to hire for, you can consult the table below to find job description templates for similar roles:
- Web Merchandising Content Coordinator
- Digital Content Publisher
- Content and Communications Manager
- Content Developer
- E-Learning Content Developer
- Content Delivery Manager
- Content Curator
- Senior Content Marketing Manager
- Content Marketing Associate
- Communications Content Manager
- Content Marketing Manager
- Senior Content Producer
- Chief Content Officer
- Content Analyst
- Multimedia Content Producer
- Web Content Producer
Get More Web Content Coordinator Job Descriptions Inspiration
One of the best ways to tailor your Web Content Coordinator job ad to perfection is to check how other brands write their job descriptions when hiring for similar roles. Visit the websites listed below to find a few job description examples:
Hire Qualified Web Content Coordinators Faster
Workello helps content teams hire better writers more consistently.
- Sign up for Workello
- Confirm your pre-optimized job description, writing assessment, and candidate notifications
- Distribute your Workello job ad across your favorite hiring channels
- Watch candidates stream into your Workello dashboard
- Send pre-hire assessments to promising candidates in one-click
Sign up now and send 5 automated writing tests to Senior Writer candidates for free.
Want More Content About Creating Content?
Our team has built and led a forty five person content team. Learn what we’ve learned.