Digital Content Publisher Job Description
Use the Digital Content Publisher job description template we built to scale a content team to 45 writers and editors. Building a content team? Join the largest Content Ops community (3,000+ members) on the internet.
- Salary Ranges for Digital Content Publishers
- How To Edit Your Job Description To Find the Perfect Digital Content Publisher
- Similar Roles to Digital Content Publishers
- Get More Digital Content Publisher Job Description Inspiration
- Hiring Better, More Affordable Digital Content Publishers
- Want More Content About Creating Content?
Digital Content Publisher Job Description Template
We are seeking an experienced Digital Content Publisher to join our Content Operations team. You need a minimum of 3 years of experience in similar roles to qualify for the job.
As a Digital Content Publisher, you will work with other members of our Content Operations team to create and execute a publishing schedule and keep our stream of content publishing uninterrupted.
Your primary job will be to publish content prepared by our content team. You may need to look for appropriate visuals and adapt them to our brand style in editing software, such as Photoshop.
You will also be in charge of building pages in WordPress (occasionally in other CMS) that are in line with our design requirements. To be able to build page layouts and functionalities, you need advanced knowledge of HTML/CSS and familiarity with PHP.
- Create a publishing schedule based on publication dates planned by senior content operations team members
- Publish content that’s ready
- Find and edit images to enhance published pages and posts
- Build WordPress pages (layout and functionality) to be in line with our design guidelines
- Update and optimize existing content in accordance with any changes we introduce
- Bachelor’s degree in IT is a plus
- 3+ years of experience in digital content publishing and web management roles
- Advanced knowledge of CMS, predominantly WordPress
- Experience with Photoshop
- Advanced knowledge of HTML5/CSS
- Basic knowledge of PHP
- Great eye for visual layouts
Salary Ranges for Digital Content Publishers
A myriad of factors goes into determining Digital Content Publishers’ salaries. These factors include experience, location, contract length, type of employment, and so on. These are the average annual salaries, according to Glassdoor:
|San Francisco, CA||$70,000||$107,000||$164,000|
|New York, NY||$53,000||$93,000||$163,000|
|Los Angeles, CA||$48,000||$80,000||$130,000|
How To Edit Your Job Description To Find the Perfect Digital Content Publisher
While you can’t eliminate unwanted applicants, you can reduce their number significantly by writing a job description that explains what the role entails thoroughly.
The more specific you get with your job description, the clearer the responsibilities and requirements will be to applicants and will deter many unqualified ones.
Digital Content Publishers demand advanced knowledge of CMS and coding languages related to web browsers and web servers. If you want a candidate that fits the bill, you need to ask for such qualifications explicitly.
If you’re looking for a different type of Content Publisher, you should probably look into a similar but different role—for instance:
- Social Media Content Publisher—Using automation software for social media, this role schedules and publishes posts on the company’s social media accounts. The role requires knowledge of social media content management, while experience with CMS is unnecessary
- Publishing Editor—The role requires knowledge of SEO and experience in content writing. They edit and fact-check content to make sure it meets the established standards before it’s ready to be published. While they don’t design WordPress pages, they need to have some familiarity with the platform as they are also in charge of publishing
- Writer and Desktop Publisher—Similar to Publishing Editor, this role combines different responsibilities. Alongside publishing content, the role entails writing it as well
Similar Roles to Digital Content Publishers
Many roles are similar to Digital Content Publishers. Still, there are important nuances that make them different. Check out our job description templates for similar roles:
- Web Content Administrator
- Content Delivery Manager
- Content Operations Manager
- Writer and Desktop Publisher
- Content Strategist
- Content Manager
- SEO Content Manager
- Digital Content Specialist
- Publishing Junior Editor
- Editorial Project Manager
- Content Uploader
- Content Publisher
- Content Management System Administrator
- Digital Content Administrator
- UX Content Strategist
- Web Content Publisher
Workello has job description templates for every role your content team needs.
Get More Digital Content Publisher Job Description Inspiration
Looking for ways to personalize your job description and sell your company to the best candidates? You should check out how others did it before you and get inspired that way.
You can find many job description examples for Digital Content Publisher here:
Hiring Better, More Affordable Digital Content Publishers
Workello helps content teams hire better writers more consistently.
- Sign up for Workello
- Confirm your pre-optimized job description, writing assessment, and candidate notifications
- Distribute your Workello job ad across your favorite hiring channels
- Watch candidates stream into your Workello dashboard
- Send pre-hire assessments to promising candidates in one-click
Sign up now and send 5 automated writing tests to Senior Writer candidates for free.
Want More Content About Creating Content?
Our team has built and led a forty five person content team. Learn what we’ve learned.