Case Writer Job Description
Use the Case Writer job description template we built to scale a content team to 45 writers and editors. Building a content team? Join the largest Content Ops community (3,000+ members) on the internet.
- Case Writer Job Responsibilities
- Case Writer Job Requirements
- Salary Ranges for Case Writers
- How To Enhance Your Case Study Writer Job Description and Attract Good Candidates
- Similar Roles to Case Writer
- Get More Case Writer Job Descriptions Inspiration
- Hire Case Writers the Right Way
- Want More Content About Creating Content?
Case Writer Job Description Template
Our company is seeking a skillful Case Writer for a short-term/long-term collaboration. Your primary assignments will include researching the assigned topics, gathering the relevant data regarding the projects and clients from internal stakeholders, and composing case studies related to [preferred niche].
You must possess exceptional attention to detail, as well as the ability to present the relevant information in an engaging manner that highlights the business impact of executed projects/implemented solutions. We expect prior experience in similar jobs and a portfolio with relevant work samples.
Case Writer Job Responsibilities
The tasks you will complete as a Case Writer in our company are:
- Planning, writing, and reviewing case studies for our business
- Converting relevant data into valuable insights and creating graphs, charts, and other visuals that present the data in an easy to understand manner
- Conducting interviews and document reviews to gather additional info for the studies you write
- Determining the purpose of the assigned case writing tasks and considering learning outcomes that should emerge from the finished piece of writing
- Following the designated writing style
Case Writer Job Requirements
The requirements you must meet to apply for the Case Writer position include the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Marketing, Journalism, or a related field
- Master degree in Journalism or [designated case study niche] is a plus
- Relevant experience in case study writing
- Exhibiting fluency in [defined case study niche]
- Exceptional writing, analytical, and research skills
- Ability to identify significant information and present it in a simple and engaging way
Salary Ranges for Case Writers
The amount Case Writers earn per year varies depending on their geographic area, education level, previous experience in similar projects, amount of work, and much more.
To see the annual salary a person in this position receives in various cities across the USA according to Glassdoor, check out the table below:
|San Francisco, CA||$40,000||$73,000||$136,000|
|New York, NY||$37,000||$62,000||$105,000|
|Los Angeles, CA||$25,000||$37,000||$57,000|
|Tampa Bay, FL||$30,000||$46,000||$71,000|
How To Enhance Your Case Study Writer Job Description and Attract Good Candidates
A well-composed job ad is a key to attracting qualified candidates. Besides providing a detailed description of the Case Writer’s responsibilities and requirements, here are some details you should consider including in your offer:
- Specify whether the cooperation with a new employee will be short- or long-term—This aspect varies depending on whether you need someone to write a specific number of case studies only or manage this section for a longer period
- List the exact niches your case writer must be versed in—Highlight the importance of being familiar with the specific field of research. This way, the unqualified candidates likely give up on applying and leave more room for experts in the designated fields
- Inform the candidates whether the job position is fully or partially remote—Some candidates will be able to apply for the job only if it’s completely remote, as they won’t be able to travel to the office. Make sure to include the info about this aspect when writing your job description
If your ad is vague and doesn’t offer enough information about the position, it leaves room for unqualified candidates to apply for the job. Once this happens, you will waste a lot of your precious time trying to weed out the applicants who don’t possess the necessary skills and competencies.
Similar Roles to Case Writer
If you don’t know whether you should hire a Case Writer or another expert within similar fields, check out other job description templates for similar roles:
- Science Writer
- Development Writer
- Research Analyst Writer
- Course Writer
- Political Writer
- Business Writer
- Policy Writer
- Catalog Writer
- Technical Writer
- Medical Writer
- Press Release Writer
- Quality Assurance Technical Writer
- Content Writer
- Instructional Writer
- Research Writer
- Product Writer
Check out the available job description templates and choose the ones that match your needs!
Get More Case Writer Job Descriptions Inspiration
Before you compose an attractive and effective Case Writer job ad, you should check how other businesses handle this task.
Learn how to structure and customize your job ad properly by discovering some excellent job description examples on:
Hire Case Writers the Right Way
Workello helps content teams hire better writers more consistently.
- Sign up for Workello
- Confirm your pre-optimized job description, writing assessment, and candidate notifications
- Distribute your Workello job ad across your favorite hiring channels
- Watch candidates stream into your Workello dashboard
- Send pre-hire assessments to promising candidates in one-click
Sign up now and send 5 automated writing tests to Senior Writer candidates for free.
Want More Content About Creating Content?
Our team has built and led a forty five person content team. Learn what we’ve learned.